Temporary luggage storage for transit stops

Old August 11th, 2005, 03:15 AM

Default Temporary luggage storage for transit stops

Hello:

I live in the United States and I am planning to visit Egypt and India
in December. I plan to fly first to Egypt, stay there for a week, fly
from there to India, stay there for 3 weeks and return to the United
States. In India, we plan to stay with my mother and brothers (I'm an
Indian by birth and US citizen by choice). I plan to travel with my
family and thus I am expecting to be lugging around quite a lot of
baggage. I was wondering if I could get some tips/pointers to deal with
the luggage, while we are traveling in Egypt. During that one week in
Egypt, we'll be on the move at all times, so it will be difficult to
haul all our luggage, which will probably consist of 2 large (29"+)
suitcases, 2-3 medium (22" approx.) suitcases, and 3-4 other
carry-ons/duffel bags/etc. Are there places in Egypt where we can stow
the luggage for 9-10 days? If so, are they safe? Another alternative, I
guess, would be to forward some of the luggage directly to India, and
have my brothers pick it up from the airport. I don't know if that is
even possible.

I would appreciate hearing suggestions and advice from those that have
had similar experiences in the past.

Thanks in advance,
Swaroop