Sun Princess May 14 sailing cancelled?

Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Sun Princess May 14 sailing cancelled?

I just heard from my travel agent that our sailing on the Sun Princess
on May 14 out of Seattle has been cancelled. Has anyone heard about this and
a possible reason why? My Cruise Personalizer on the Princess web site still
shows us confirmed for this cruise.
Thank you.
John

Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I don't know anything about this, but I hope for your sake that it
doesn't stay cancelled if it really is.

Old February 23rd, 2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi, John,

We had a wonderful cruise on the Sun Princess at Christmas. You can find it
in the archives as posted 2/19/2006.

I discussed there the fact that the ship has had experienced some
intermittent mechanical problems & that one rumored solution was an
unscheduled dry dock. It is possible that is what is happening--per the
Sun's sailing calendar, she will be making her transit from the Caribbean to
the Pac NW for the Alaska summer season just before you are set to sail from
Seattle on May 14. Princess corporate headquarters (which is located in
Seattle, a fact that may/may not also come into play here) may have decided
to pull her from service that week to restore her to tip-top shape for the
Alaska season.

Obviously, this is pure speculation on my part. I hope you soon learn why.
But more importantly, I hope your schedule is flexible enough to go on
another sailing date so that your TA and Princess can put together an
equally or more attractive substitute arrangement for you. The Sun is a
perfect ship for Alaska, in my opinion. I'd book her in a heartbeat.

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old February 24th, 2006, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi Diana,
I was thinking the same thing. Since my sailing was the first of the
Alaska season, they might have wanted to do a quick drydock before that. And
since you mentioned that there was some imtermittent mechanical problems,
that certainly leads credence to that theory.
You're right about the Sun Princess being a perfect ship for Alaska. We
sailed on the Dawn Princess last year...a 10 day Caribbean. So I am familiar
with the layout of the ship. And it does have a lot of outside deck space
for viewing the Alaska scenery.
Thanks for your input.
Sincerely,
John