Smallest Keyboard

Old March 30th, 2008, 07:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Trish[_2_]

Default Smallest Keyboard

I am looking for an electronic keyboard (even just 36 keys is ok)
with headphones (no need
for speakers) that I can take on a plane as carry on luggage. What is
the smallest keyboard that is available in stores or online?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Trish
Old March 30th, 2008, 08:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Trish wrote:

I am looking for an electronic keyboard (even just 36 keys is ok)
with headphones (no need
for speakers) that I can take on a plane as carry on luggage. What is
the smallest keyboard that is available in stores or online?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Trish

Are you looking to just take it on, or do you plan on playing it?
You might have a problem with that as it is might not be on the list of
electronic items permitted to turned on, due to potential RF
interference issues.
Old March 30th, 2008, 10:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jack Campin - bogus address

I am looking for an electronic keyboard (even just 36 keys is ok)
with headphones (no need
for speakers) that I can take on a plane as carry on luggage. What is
the smallest keyboard that is available in stores or online?

If it just has to be an electronic instrument, not necessarily a
keyboard, look at the Deger or Fagerstrom electronic pipe chanters.
See the "travels with an electronic bagpipe" pages on my website.
I've used my Deger on planes many times (okay, not in the US, nor
am I contemplating ever going there again).

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old March 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"TMOliver" wrote in message

I suspect, Jack, reading your posts in several ngs over a number of years,
is that your problem with ICE/La Migra/Immigration in the US is that
you're such a egregiously self-proclaimed and sleeve-emblazoned asshole
that the bureaucrats react negatively to your appearance.

Oh come on Tom.

The US immigration service is known and admired throughout the world for its
rudeness and the vile manners of its staff.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old March 30th, 2008, 06:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT[_3_]

"William Black" wrote in message

"TMOliver" wrote in message

I suspect, Jack, reading your posts in several ngs over a number of
years, is that your problem with ICE/La Migra/Immigration in the US is
that you're such a egregiously self-proclaimed and sleeve-emblazoned
asshole that the bureaucrats react negatively to your appearance.

Oh come on Tom.

The US immigration service is known and admired throughout the world for
its rudeness and the vile manners of its staff.

Over the past year I have entered the USA 6 times (at LAX, Victoria B.C.
Ferry, DFW, EWR, MIA and San Pedro CA) and on each occasion have been
treated with courtesy and civility.
--

JohnT

Old March 30th, 2008, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl

"TMOliver" wrote in message

I suspect, Jack, reading your posts in several ngs over a number of
years, is that your problem with ICE/La Migra/Immigration in the US is
that you're such a egregiously self-proclaimed and sleeve-emblazoned
asshole that the bureaucrats react negatively to your appearance.

Oh come on Tom.

The US immigration service is known and admired throughout the world for
its rudeness and the vile manners of its staff.

Over the past year I have entered the USA 6 times (at LAX, Victoria B.C.
Ferry, DFW, EWR, MIA and San Pedro CA) and on each occasion have been
treated with courtesy and civility.

Same here .... just slow and they're far from the worst offenders
among major nations.

I just had the dreaded SSSSS selective screening code stamped on my
boarding pass at Agana, Guam, the other week (Continental to Hong
Kong). Is it truly random, or will I now get that every time I enter
the US? It wasn't a big deal - just took extra time, of which I had
plenty.

I had heard in Hong Kong that Guam airport security has a terrible
reputation but I thought they were quite pleasant.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old March 30th, 2008, 08:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl

On Mar 30, 11:58*pm, "Runge11" wrote:
"grusl" a écrit dans le message ...

I just had the dreaded SSSSS selective screening code stamped on my
boarding pass at Agana, Guam, the other week (Continental to Hong
Kong). Is it truly random, or will I now get that every time I enter
the US? It wasn't a big deal - just took extra time, of which I had
plenty.

I had heard in Hong Kong that Guam airport security has a terrible
reputation but I thought they were quite pleasant.

Dreaded, but not a big deal ?

See definition 2

dread (drd)
v. dread·ed, dread·ing, dreads
v.tr.
1. To be in terror of.
2. To anticipate with alarm, distaste, or reluctance:

In other words, you can dread something in advance, even if it turns
out to be harmless.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old March 30th, 2008, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"TMOliver" wrote in message

I suspect, Jack, reading your posts in several ngs over a number of
years, is that your problem with ICE/La Migra/Immigration in the US is
that you're such a egregiously self-proclaimed and sleeve-emblazoned
asshole that the bureaucrats react negatively to your appearance.

Oh come on Tom.

The US immigration service is known and admired throughout the world for
its rudeness and the vile manners of its staff.

Over the past year I have entered the USA 6 times (at LAX, Victoria B.C.
Ferry, DFW, EWR, MIA and San Pedro CA) and on each occasion have been
treated with courtesy and civility.

Dallas FW is OK, Chicago is ghastly.

Erm...

What nationality are you?