Canada to Denmark

Old March 29th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Peter Christensen

Default Canada to Denmark

Hi!

First, I hope this is the right newsgroup to ask in - if not, please let
me know which one

My girlfriends is travelling from Canada to Denmark, departure around
June 24 and going back around September 10 (plus/minus a few days).

What I would like to know is:
Which days are the cheapest to travel on?
Where can I get a good deal on a flight from Montreal or Ottawa to
Billund (Denmark)?
And: how about travel and health insurance during such a long stay?

Thanks in advance
Peter, Denmark

Old March 29th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Traveller

"Peter Christensen" wrote in message
Hi!

First, I hope this is the right newsgroup to ask in - if not, please let
me know which one

My girlfriends is travelling from Canada to Denmark, departure around
June 24 and going back around September 10 (plus/minus a few days).

What I would like to know is:
Which days are the cheapest to travel on?
Where can I get a good deal on a flight from Montreal or Ottawa to
Billund (Denmark)?
And: how about travel and health insurance during such a long stay?

Peter: you've come to the right place.

Generally, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are cheaper than Friday - Monday -
the former are classed as midweek, the latter at weekends.

To check prices for your flight, some things to consider:

- if your girlfriend is under 26, or a student under 32, then it's worth
checking with the student/youth travel agency - in Canada, this is Travel
CUTS - www.travelcuts.ca

- in general, you can start by looking at sites like www.travelocity.ca,
www.expedia.ca , www.flights.com, etc. If you find a fare there that's
acceptable to you, I wouldn't hang around - it might not be there when you
come back

- you can also check the airline sites: www.scandinavian.net,
www.aircanada.ca, etc.

- I would compare fares to both Copenhagen and Billund, as you sometimes
find that you will pay quite a lot extra for the regional connection in
Europe - it may be worth flying to CPH or even Hamburg and taking the train,
for example.

- for insurance, a couple of questions: what nationality is your girlfriend,
and where is she permanently resident?

Please come back to us with any more questions.

Old March 29th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Scott

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:15:46 +0200, "Peter Christensen"
wrote:

Hi!

First, I hope this is the right newsgroup to ask in - if not, please let
me know which one

My girlfriends is travelling from Canada to Denmark, departure around
June 24 and going back around September 10 (plus/minus a few days).

What I would like to know is:
Which days are the cheapest to travel on?
Where can I get a good deal on a flight from Montreal or Ottawa to
Billund (Denmark)?
And: how about travel and health insurance during such a long stay?

Thanks in advance
Peter, Denmark

This is easy. Find a cheap flight to London Gatwick. Then take
Maersk from there to Billund? Just leave plenty of time between
arrival at LGW and departure for Billund. [I'd say 2.5 to 3 hours].

I've done that before. Maersk.com or whatever the url is, shows that
Maersk has become a low cost carrier. They fly 737s to Billund.

Hope it's helpful.

Days of week? I always try for Tues., Wed., or Thursday.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:39 AM
Ulf Kutzner

Scott schrieb:

This is easy. Find a cheap flight to London Gatwick. Then take
Maersk from there to Billund? Just leave plenty of time between
arrival at LGW and departure for Billund. [I'd say 2.5 to 3 hours].

I've done that before. Maersk.com or whatever the url is, shows that
Maersk has become a low cost carrier. They fly 737s to Billund.

http://www.maersk-air.com/en/Internet+Booking/Fares+and+Campaigns/Rule+UK+1.htm
shows that you can choose your seat pitch...

Regards, ULF
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:52 AM
Peter Christensen

"Traveller" skrev i en meddelelse
"Peter Christensen" wrote in message
- for insurance, a couple of questions: what nationality is your

girlfriend,
and where is she permanently resident?

Please come back to us with any more questions.

Thanks a lot for your replies (goes for all of you).
About insurance, my girlfriend is Canadian and her permanent residence
is Canada.

Peter

Old April 1st, 2004, 12:43 PM
Traveller

"Peter Christensen" wrote in message

Thanks a lot for your replies (goes for all of you).

You're welcome.

About insurance, my girlfriend is Canadian and her permanent residence
is Canada.

She should speak to her health insurance company in Canada and establish
what cover is available for her when travelling overseas. Canadians will
not, as far as I am aware, be entitled to free healthcare in Denmark.

She should also contact a local travel agent who should be able to advise.
Or take a look at something like:
http://www.travelinsurance.ca/custom...e/non_usa.html

Old April 5th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Leo Hamulczyk

"Traveller" wrote in message ...
"Peter Christensen" wrote in message

About insurance, my girlfriend is Canadian and her permanent residence
is Canada.

She should speak to her health insurance company in Canada and establish
what cover is available for her when travelling overseas. Canadians will
not, as far as I am aware, be entitled to free healthcare in Denmark.

Every visiting tourist gets free health care in Denmark, as long as
they didn't go there for that purpose.

Leo H
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:51 AM
mtravelkay

Leo Hamulczyk wrote:

"Traveller" wrote in message ...

"Peter Christensen" wrote in message

About insurance, my girlfriend is Canadian and her permanent residence
is Canada.

She should speak to her health insurance company in Canada and establish
what cover is available for her when travelling overseas. Canadians will
not, as far as I am aware, be entitled to free healthcare in Denmark.

Every visiting tourist gets free health care in Denmark, as long as
they didn't go there for that purpose.

How do you prove this?

Old April 6th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Leo Hamulczyk

mtravelkay wrote in message .com...
Leo Hamulczyk wrote:

"Traveller" wrote in message ...

"Peter Christensen" wrote in message

About insurance, my girlfriend is Canadian and her permanent residence
is Canada.

She should speak to her health insurance company in Canada and establish
what cover is available for her when travelling overseas. Canadians will
not, as far as I am aware, be entitled to free healthcare in Denmark.

Every visiting tourist gets free health care in Denmark, as long as
they didn't go there for that purpose.

How do you prove this?

From the Visit Denamrk website:

Illness and accidents are never welcome visitors on a holiday, but
they do happen! In Denmark help is always at hand and you don't have
to pay for medical treatment in a hospital if matters should take a
turn to the worse. See below what to do, if you are unfortunate.

Emergency medical care is supplied by municipal authorities, and hotel
staff members can direct guests to local emergency centres, hospitals,
or dental clinics. Emergency treatment at Danish public hospitals is
free. Fees for non-emergency medical services are usually payable in
cash, and are reasonable by international standards. If you take
prescribed medication, you should bring a supply large enough to last
throughout the trip since some medicines available in your home
country may not be on the market in Denmark. Please note that the
supply must not exceed a quantity of 14 days' use if you are
travelling from a non-Schengen country, and 30 days if you are
travelling from a Schengen country. Documentation of necessity of the
remedy may be required upon entry. For more information, contact
Danish diplomatic representatives.