Travel Insurance for Canadians

Old August 26th, 2008, 01:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bill & Gail

Default Travel Insurance for Canadians

It's me again with another newbie question.

Policies we have found offer maximum coverages of $1 million and $5
million.

I realize that risk assessment is a personal choice, but, how realistic is a
medical bill over $1 million for relatively young seniors (65 & 67) in
normal health with no existing conditions staying in the States for 6
months?

On a scale from 1 (not much chance) to 10 (a very probable possibility)

Old August 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
MI

On 8/26/08 5:45 AM, in article , "Bill & Gail"
wrote:

It's me again with another newbie question.

Policies we have found offer maximum coverages of $1 million and $5
million.

I realize that risk assessment is a personal choice, but, how realistic is a
medical bill over $1 million for relatively young seniors (65 & 67) in
normal health with no existing conditions staying in the States for 6
months?

On a scale from 1 (not much chance) to 10 (a very probable possibility)

I wouldn't go to the US for six months with only $1,000,000 coverage. It can
cost you several thousand dollars just in emergency never mind being
admitted. I don't go to the states even for lunch (something I do quite
often, living only 40km from the border) without adequate medical coverage.

--
Martha Canada

Old August 27th, 2008, 03:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rudy[_1_]

What is the probability of needing a fire extinguisher..if by chance, your
home catches fire..
Dont buy one (?) You "probably" won't need it

Old August 27th, 2008, 05:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
J. Clarke[_2_]

Rudy wrote:
What is the probability of needing a fire extinguisher..if by
chance,
your home catches fire..
Dont buy one (?) You "probably" won't need it

Uh, the question posed was not whether to have a fire extinguisher,
but how big a fire extinguisher to get.

It's me again with another newbie question.
Policies we have found offer maximum coverages of $1 million and $5
million.

I realize that risk assessment is a personal choice, but, how
realistic is a
medical bill over $1 million for relatively young seniors (65 & 67)
in normal health with no existing conditions staying in the States
for 6 months?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old August 27th, 2008, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
John Kane

On Aug 26, 8:45*am, "Bill & Gail" wrote:
It's me again with another newbie question.

Policies we have found offer maximum coverages of $1 million and $5
million.

I realize that risk assessment is a personal choice, but, how realistic is a
medical bill over $1 million for relatively young seniors (65 & 67) in
normal health with no existing conditions staying in the States for 6
months?

On a scale from 1 (not much chance) to 10 (a very probable possibility)

Probably very low. How likely are you to be in the hospital in Canada
for any extended time? The problem is that if you do end up needing
medical care the USA is "very" expensive.

Personally I would not skimp.