Travel in NZ

Old April 13th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Sharon Abbott

Default Travel in NZ

We are planning a trip to New Zealand in July and August this year. We
will be a party of 8, with 3 teenagers and 2 12 year olds. We will be
in NZ for 3 weeks and hope to combine touring with family visits in
Auckland. We are restricted on our time of travel because of school.
One of my main concerns are, because it will be Winter, will the days
be very short and will most of the main tourist attractions be closed?
We plan on restricting this visit to the North Island only. Can
anybody provide me with a Must See list that will also be of interset
to the younger members of the party?
Old April 17th, 2004, 01:46 AM
harjit

Once you are here there is a lot of information available from Visitor
information centre.
You can easily find them as a green i on the map.
The days are not that short in winter as they are in UK.
I would recommend Rororua and if the weather is good a trip
to upnorth.
om...

Old April 17th, 2004, 11:52 AM
A Mate

Te Papa in Wellington is a truly innovative and modern museum.

Kelly Tarlton's Antarctic World in Auckland (and aquarium) also very good.
Lake Taupo and Rotorua thermal area have a lot to see and do. Beach drive to
Cape Reinga can be great fun (along 90 mile Beach - sand dune tobogganing
etc).

There's heaps to do in NZ; and the local Tourist Info offices are full of
helpful hints on ways to spend your $$$$$$

Old April 18th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Ian Phillips

3 weeks is long enough to get to the South Island.
Rotorua, agree, Te Papa musuem agree.
Try a short flight or ferry/train connection to Christchurch on South
Island and take the Tranz Alpine to Greymouth.
Personally I am a fan of the South Island and spent more time there with
less time than you have.
Rent a car but see more than just the North.

Ian
Edmonton, Alberta Canada