50,000 Emirates Skywards Miles

Old November 4th, 2004, 12:42 PM
London Tom

Default 50,000 Emirates Skywards Miles

I currently have just over 50,000 Emirates Skywards frequent flyer
miles on my Skywards account. These are valid until August 2007.
Sadly, I have no plans to be flying Emirates in the near future.

50,000 miles is enough for a return upgrade on the Europe to Dubai
route or various other possibilities exist, for example you could use
the miles to allow two of you to upgrade you to business class on your
return flight home.

Have a look at the mileage calculator on the skywards site to see what
you could do with 50,000 miles:

http://www.skywards.com/miles_calculator.asp

Looking at various travel sites (expedia.com, emirates.com) the
average flight from the UK to Dubai return costs approx £400 going
business class costs over £1700 - a difference of about £1300.

I would be willing to accept offers in the region of £700 for the
50,000 miles a saving you over £600 on a business class flight from
Europe to Dubai on one of the worlds best airlines.

Unfortunately skywards miles cannot be directly transferred to your
account.

According to the skywards site:

You can redeem your Skywards Miles for tickets or upgrades for anyone.
Contact the service centre or your local Emirates or SriLankan
reservation office with flight details, dates and passenger name and
they will happily arrange the redemption ticket for you.

If you redeem your Miles for tickets or upgrades for friends or
family, you must collect the tickets yourself or have them delivered
to the address you entered in your Profile

Therefore, I would have your upgraded tickets delivered to me and then
couriered to you or you could of course collect them from me from my
home in Kent SE England or from my workplace in the City of London.

If you are interested or want any further details, then please email
me in the first instance at .

Thanks - Tom