5 hours transit in Narita Tokyo... to do?

Old March 17th, 2004, 06:05 PM

Default 5 hours transit in Narita Tokyo... to do?

Hi guys...
last time i saw the mail about transit shortitme in Narita,
I wonder if any of you still have the list "what to do"

Any idea?

arigato...

Old March 17th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Gerry

In article , Thomas F. Unke
wrote:

"K" writes:

Hi guys...
last time i saw the mail about transit shortitme in Narita,
I wonder if any of you still have the list "what to do"

Any idea?

arigato...

Google helps.

Google is okay. I just prefer to sit in a coffee shop or bar and read
a book.

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
Old March 17th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Peter L

"K" wrote in message ...
Hi guys...
last time i saw the mail about transit shortitme in Narita,
I wonder if any of you still have the list "what to do"

Not much time to do anything. Too short to get out of the airport, too long
to sit and wait. Retreat to a bar area or coffee shop.

Any idea?

arigato...

Old March 18th, 2004, 12:09 AM
John W.

"K" wrote in message ...
Hi guys...
last time i saw the mail about transit shortitme in Narita,
I wonder if any of you still have the list "what to do"

Any idea?

Your best bet will be to search this newsgroup for that topic. Every
few weeks it comes up, so do a quick search and you'll find tons of
info. Also, there are entire Web sites dedicated to this topic, so
search for those as well. Wish I had some more specific advice!

John W.
Old March 18th, 2004, 02:52 AM
DJD

Check out this web site for ideas. .
..http://www.mgnewman.com/narita/index.html#go
.. . .Dennis

Old March 19th, 2004, 12:46 AM
TanQ10

"K" wrote in message ...
Hi guys...
last time i saw the mail about transit shortitme in Narita,
I wonder if any of you still have the list "what to do"

Any idea?

arigato...

Let's see..i took a quick walk around to get my bearings (15 minutes),
checked into the day-rooms for 2 hrs (showered, napped, stretched out)
- it was $5/hour and hopped on the internet for another hour (600Y) or
so. Then i had a big Soba lunch at the one restauarant ($10US i
think)--i think it was called June. There was a kid's playroom that
had some sort of a driving game terminal, so i played that for a
while. I spent the last 45 minutes of transit bored in front of the
boarding gate area. On the way back to the US, found myself in the
same terminal and repeated above steps. I think I added an hour by
having 2 beers (expensive) at the Cafe. There was one electronics shop
and it was too small and too crowded for browsing with a carry-on.

If you're in transit, most likely you'll be on the 2nd & 3rd floors -
here's a map of the area:
http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/airp...hop/index.html

-T
Old March 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM

Hehehe,

i was bored last time with the 5 hours waiting... so i did a crazy thing: i
went to tokyo.
Queue at the immigration when the line is full : 1 hour
Baggage checked before out of aiport: 5 mins
JR Train express to tokyo : 55 mins
Changed train to Akihabara to check my CLIE stuff: 10 mins
Strolling at akihabara: 45 mins
Rush back from Akihabara to Tokyo: 10mins
Tokyo to Narita by JR Train: 55 mins
(Japanese train is on time!)
Then queued back at the immigration : 30 mins

I still had half an hour to catch my breath back... pretty crazy... but then
rather than bored to death...
Next time, i'll just take a spa at narita... good website by dennis
http://www.mgnewman.com/narita/index.html#go

"TanQ10" wrote in message
om...

Old March 20th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Gerry

In article , wrote:

i was bored last time with the 5 hours waiting... so i did a crazy thing: i
went to tokyo.
Queue at the immigration when the line is full : 1 hour
Baggage checked before out of aiport: 5 mins
JR Train express to tokyo : 55 mins
Changed train to Akihabara to check my CLIE stuff: 10 mins
Strolling at akihabara: 45 mins
Rush back from Akihabara to Tokyo: 10mins
Tokyo to Narita by JR Train: 55 mins
(Japanese train is on time!)
Then queued back at the immigration : 30 mins

I assume this was post Sept. 11 security "enhancements". Hell it took
me two hours to get out last time.

I still had half an hour to catch my breath back... pretty crazy... but then
rather than bored to death...
Next time, i'll just take a spa at narita... good website by dennis

What the--is that really available? Tell us, do!