Princess, Celebrity, or NCL?

Old February 11th, 2006, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Princess, Celebrity, or NCL?

For my next cruise, I am considering Princess, Celebrity, or NCL.
I am very familiar with Princess but have never cruised on the
other two.

The line I really like is Crystal, but they don't have any
itineraries I am interested in on the dates I want to cruise.
My only options for those dates are the three lines mentioned above
and Carnival. I don't think that a "fun ship" is a good option
for an old fuddy duddy.

I like the Princess ships and service but think their food is only
mediocre. Although I was very pleased with the Sterling Steakhouse.

How would you compare Princess, Celebrity, and NCL for cabins, public
areas, entertainment, activities, and food? I am willing to pay slightly
more for the extra cost restaurants.

Old February 12th, 2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Do not even think of ncl,celebrity,and princess are much,much better

(.a cruise lover.)

Old February 12th, 2006, 12:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Odysseus wrote:
For my next cruise, I am considering Princess, Celebrity, or NCL.
I am very familiar with Princess but have never cruised on the
other two.

The line I really like is Crystal, but they don't have any
itineraries I am interested in on the dates I want to cruise.
My only options for those dates are the three lines mentioned above
and Carnival. I don't think that a "fun ship" is a good option
for an old fuddy duddy.

I like the Princess ships and service but think their food is only
mediocre. Although I was very pleased with the Sterling Steakhouse.

How would you compare Princess, Celebrity, and NCL for cabins, public
areas, entertainment, activities, and food? I am willing to pay slightly
more for the extra cost restaurants.

You're in luck. I haven't sailed YET on Princess (that changes this
coming Saturday) but I've sailed three times on Celebrity and once on
NCL. I really like the Dawn, but I'm not particularly crazy about
"Freestyle Dining." Tried it once but I prefer "Traditional Dining."
What's nice about Princess is that they seem to offer you a choice. And
actually, just because you have a set seating time doesn't mean you HAVE
to take it! The three Celebrity ships all had alternatives so its not
like if you missed your seating you starved.

Celebrity by far had the BEST food. Not the NCL was bad... it just
wasn't as good as Celebrity. I really can't compare cabins as I had a
mini-suite on the Dawn, but just standard outside cabins (no balcony) on
the three Celebrity ships (since the Dawn leaves out of Manhattan I used
the money I saved on airfare to get a nicer room instead).

So far my favorite ship is the Celebrity Millennium (which I took to the
Eastern Caribbean). I'm looking forward to the Sapphire Princess next week.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Vice President