Exotic Hotels Around The World Without Leaving Yorkshire - EatExquisite Food On Your Travels

Old April 9th, 2008, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Exotic Hotels Around The World Without Leaving Yorkshire - EatExquisite Food On Your Travels

Our journey took us to the Yorkshire Dales in a place called Asenby
near Thirsk. What a wonderful site greets you in the form of a
wonderful public house with a thatched roof and lots of strange and
wonderful objects strategically placed on and around it. After all it
was the Crab & Lobster so a crab and lobster is what we saw. It is the
kind of site you see in your lifetime where you wonder if you are
still deep in a dream or on some kind of medication. Needless to say
we were definitely not on the latter. This beautiful little building
is the start of your wonderful weekend break, holiday or maybe even
wedding day. More about this pub later.

Just around the back we found the Crab Manor Hotel. As you drive into
the graveled car park two large white hounds greet you in a very
welcoming way. The dog statues line the way to the magnificent front
door surrounded by climbing ivy which reaches right up to the rooftop.
In fact as we looked around the whole grounds was a gardeners dream
with trees of all colours and species, shrubs plants and flowers. If
this was a taste of the opulence inside then we were in for a great
treat.

Stepping into the hallway, well, what can I say it is to be seen to be
believed. Decorated with beautiful artifacts and antiques, we did not
know where to look first. I could see an enormous and I mean enormous
yeti in the window of the staircase wearing a pinny. There was the
biggest clock I have ever seen in my life on the wall. For anyone with
bad eyesight worry not. To tell you everything we could see just from
the area we were stood in would constitute pages and pages of
description. Take my word for it unusual is the word that comes to
mind.

You will be greeted by the receptionist who is also very informative
as well as kind and be shown to the room of your choice, which could
be the Waldorf Atoria in New York the Cipriana Palace in Venice. La
Mamounia Hotel in Marrakesh and many more. We stayed at the Sharrow
Bay hotel in Ullswater.

As we walked through the door a Four Poster bed looms ahead of you
with drapes and cherubs and beautiful bedding. I could not wait to lie
under the canopy and imagine I was royalty at least. Down a couple of
steps is the sitting room with television, wonderful furniture and
Crisps! Yes crisps not just any old crisps but packaged in a container
I have never seen before and enough to feed an army. Biscuits, coffee
and teas.

Next we walked into the bathroom and oh my goodness me what a lavish
room. Maybe this is where I might stay for the whole two days.
Languishing in bubbles till my skin turned into a prune. A Roll top
bath stood in the centre of the room was a dream come true, for me
anyway. Beautiful taps and tiled floor covering, with elaborate
plaster cherubs on the walls.

Having recovered from the shock of all the decor and amenities we were
shown then to the Jacuzzi outside which was the icing on the cake.
Lights would twinkle in the evening to make it so romantic and create
a great atmosphere for any couple.

We changed after a while and went down to the little pub just a short
walk away.

Well, what met us was the most twinkly, warm inviting atmosphere I
have ever been in. Hundreds and hundreds of curious antiques and
"things" everywhere. You would just have to go and see for yourself
for me to even touch on what we saw. Yellow tablecloths and serviettes
brought out the whole room and we were just dumb struck.

We ordered lamb and our faces both showed the delight simultaneously
at the succulence of the meat and the taste as we ate on and on into
the night. It is renowned also as a fish restaurant but on this
occasion we plumbed for the Lamb. Next time. All the staff were keen
to make our evening superb and it was, we could not fault any of it.
There was not one single solitary negative comment we could think of.

Our night was wonderful under my royal canopy and when morning came we
descended once again down to the restaurant for Breakfast. This time
it was in the conservatory. Once again I can only say you would have
to go and experience the decor and what I can only say as incredible.
For breakfast we did sample the fish, which was on the most enormous
plate with as much toast and tea, juice and coffee as you could drink.

I did not want any of my experience at the Crab & Lobster to end it
had been a fairy tale stay.

All was not over as the day before I had asked if I could look at the
other rooms as well as the Log Cabins in the grounds all with various
places in the world as their theme. Not only were we shown around but
by the General Manager and indeed the kindest man. He took us to every
room and explained the decorations behind them. He spared us lots of
time and we appreciated the tour enormously.

If you can go and experience what we did then you will have the most
fantastic weekend break, holiday or wedding, whatever you choose to
book, you will ever have without the long journey to get there.

I wanted to pass on the whole experience to you, especially as I have
not stopped taking about it since.

Susan Blower

http://www.crabandlobster.co.uk

My One Stop Shop for all your travel Needs with Great Prices and
something for everyone. Personal Service with a smile and Great
Holidays. Book online or contact me.

http://www.flipfloptravelshop.co.uk