Hotel Room Cooking--How Common is It?

Old December 30th, 2007, 12:41 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

Default Hotel Room Cooking--How Common is It?

"Carole Allen" wrote in message

"Carole Allen" wrote in message
Well, I cook at home every day. When I am on VACATION I want someone
else to cook and do the dishes and to make my bed and leave me fresh
towels. Besdies, realistically how much $$ do you save and how much
travel time do you forfeit while cooking in your hotel? When I travel
I want to be OUT experiencing where I am. All I want to do in my hotel
is shower and sleep.

And in exploring a new place, whether in the USA or abroad,
discovering new foods is a real pleasure.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 00:08:33 GMT, "sharx35"
wrote:
Great post, Carole! I wonder how the WIVES of these cheap *******s feel
about HAVING to cook while on VACATION? I suspect that the WIVES might not
be so happy with the idea.

I have friends whose husbands are into RVing. Yeah, the guys drive
these big ego-boosting, gas-guzzling tanks, and the wives buy the
food, prepare the supplies, then cook, and clean up and make the
bed...such a vacation. NOT.

Same thing with other forms of camping: invariably the wife does most of the
grunt work...once the tent is up. And, no, I'm not a woman.

Old December 30th, 2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Marsha" wrote in message ...
Carole Allen wrote:
I have friends whose husbands are into RVing. Yeah, the guys drive
these big ego-boosting, gas-guzzling tanks, and the wives buy the
food, prepare the supplies, then cook, and clean up and make the
bed...such a vacation. NOT.

Is there someone forcing these wives to do this? I think not.

Marsha/Ohio

Yes there is--the desire to not go through a messy divorce.

Old December 30th, 2007, 12:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"CalifBill" wrote in message

"Marsha" wrote in message
Carole Allen wrote:
I have friends whose husbands are into RVing. Yeah, the guys drive
these big ego-boosting, gas-guzzling tanks, and the wives buy the
food, prepare the supplies, then cook, and clean up and make the
bed...such a vacation. NOT.

Is there someone forcing these wives to do this? I think not.

Marsha/Ohio

Maybe the husband shares in the cooking, etc.

I've seen this in only TWO cases in 50 years. How much COOKING do YOU do,
Calif bill?

Old December 30th, 2007, 08:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
CalifBill

"sharx35" wrote in message
newsQBdj.23429$wy2.20659@edtnps90...

"CalifBill" wrote in message

"Marsha" wrote in message
Carole Allen wrote:
I have friends whose husbands are into RVing. Yeah, the guys drive
these big ego-boosting, gas-guzzling tanks, and the wives buy the
food, prepare the supplies, then cook, and clean up and make the
bed...such a vacation. NOT.

Is there someone forcing these wives to do this? I think not.

Marsha/Ohio

Maybe the husband shares in the cooking, etc.

I've seen this in only TWO cases in 50 years. How much COOKING do YOU do,
Calif bill?

Seems as if I do more than you. I have a happy marriage, You still looking
for a date.

Old December 30th, 2007, 08:11 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
BrianK

On 12/26/2007 4:32 AM SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 did the "neutron dance", then made
these writings:
I was checking into a hotel in Reno the other day, when I noticed the
guy in front of me was carrying a full size crock pot with him.
Someone in the elevator was carrying a rice cooker, and when I was
checking out I saw someone carrying in toaster-oven (or so the box said).

Like most hotel guests, I've heated up leftovers wrapped in foil using
the iron, or used the in-room coffee maker to warm up canned soup, but
I never realized how many people are doing in-room cooking.

Of course when I got home I Googled "hotel room cooking" and found
instructions on how to cook bacon on the iron, and steam vegetables in
the coffee maker, but I also found a lot of stories about how people
bring in small appliances to enable them to cook in their rooms.

The only time my hotel room cooks is during sex.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old December 30th, 2007, 08:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
Ira Humperdink MD

On Dec 27, 4:32 am, lechergod wrote:
On Dec 27, 7:31 am, Ira Humperdink MD
wrote:

On Dec 26, 8:32 pm, Jim Davis wrote:

On Dec 26, 1:11 pm, "Rog'" wrote:

wrote:
I'd say that everyone I saw looked financially able to eat at the
hotel restaurants. There were low-priced fast food restaurants
on the bottom floor, as well as many low-priced restaurants nearby...

In some cases, it may be due to peculiar dietary needs which cannot
always be met by commercial restaurants. Or the guest may simply
be cheap... although they could save even more at a campground.

"Cheap" might not be the word for it in some cases. When I'm out on a
two to four week stretch, three meals a day can get damn expensive
eating out. It's more relaxing in the room too. Besides, Denny's
frowns on me eating breakfast in front of their TV, in my underwear.

I bring a mike tyson grill and an electric wok to make steak dinners
with. If you don't want to stir fry veggies, you can "steam" veggies
by heating them up by running hot water in the bath tub.

ha-ha ha-ha!!!! really idiot this ******* son of dirty vagina
prostitute!!!!
only poor people like you cook in hotel room!!!!!

i cook in hotel room because i don't trust the cook at the chinese
restaurant down the street, who
does not wash his hands for 2 minutes after toilet.
Old December 30th, 2007, 08:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
Ira Humperdink MD

china runs on child labor

On Dec 27, 8:35 am, jdoe wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:28:10 +1000, " A Mate"
wrote:

If you don't want to stir fry veggies, you can "steam" veggies
by heating them up by running hot water in the bath tub.

No wonder the USA will NOT join the Kyoto Convention - and remains the
World's largest per capita contributor to Greenhouse Gas Emmissions!!!

is that so?
where does china fit into this equation? aren't they exempt from the
provisions of kyoto?
Never argue with an idiot.
They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old December 30th, 2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sarah Banick

I have friends whose husbands are into RVing. Yeah, the guys drive
these big ego-boosting, gas-guzzling tanks, and the wives buy the
food, prepare the supplies, then cook, and clean up and make the
bed...such a vacation. NOT.

Same thing with other forms of camping: invariably the wife does most of
the grunt work...once the tent is up. And, no, I'm not a woman.

When we (four of us siblings) were little, we used to camp at the beach
because we didn't have much money. We slept in a tent and Mom used a Coleman
stove to make dinner, etc. A couple of years ago, I asked her about those
times, and how much work she had to do. She told me those vacations were
some of the happiest times of her life. :-) So I guess it really depends on
your perspective.

Old December 30th, 2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
rst0wxyz

On Dec 26, 1:11 pm, "Rog'" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

And yet you married a Chinese woman! Does she wash her hands after
toilet before she cooks at home?
Old December 30th, 2007, 03:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
rst0wxyz

On Dec 30, 12:59*am, Ira Humperdink MD
wrote:
china runs on child labor

And the U.S.A ran on Black slave labor!!

wrote:

If you don't want to stir fry veggies, you can "steam" veggies
by heating them up by running hot water in the bath tub.

No wonder the USA will NOT join the Kyoto Convention - and remains the
World's largest per capita contributor to Greenhouse Gas Emmissions!!!

is *that so?
where does china fit into this equation? aren't they exempt from the
provisions of kyoto?
Never argue with an idiot.
They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.- Hide quoted text -