Fancy a smoke?

Old July 1st, 2008, 09:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman

Default Fancy a smoke?

It's reported in Uk today that whilst the Dutch have followed others
in banning smoking in public areas, the marijuana cafes are allowed to
continue - as long as tobacco isn't smoked !!!!!!!!!!!

Surreyman
Old July 1st, 2008, 09:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Puffin' Billy

On 1 Jul, 10:25, Surreyman wrote:
It's reported in Uk today that whilst the Dutch have followed others
in banning smoking in public areas, the marijuana cafes are allowed to
continue - as long as tobacco isn't smoked * *!!!!!!!!!!!

Surreyman

come to Belgium, we lurv cancer....
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Surreyman writes:

It's reported in Uk today that whilst the Dutch have followed others
in banning smoking in public areas, the marijuana cafes are allowed to
continue - as long as tobacco isn't smoked !!!!!!!!!!!

Odd, since marijuana is much harder on the lungs than tobacco, according to a
study I saw (it claimed that marijuana smoke is 16 times more irritating to
lung tissue).
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Surreyman writes:

It's reported in Uk today that whilst the Dutch have followed others
in banning smoking in public areas, the marijuana cafes are allowed to
continue - as long as tobacco isn't smoked !!!!!!!!!!!

Odd, since marijuana is much harder on the lungs than tobacco, according
to a
study I saw (it claimed that marijuana smoke is 16 times more irritating
lung tissue).

And drinking alcohol kills even more...

Your point?

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old July 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
socpla_99

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Surreyman writes:

It's reported in Uk today that whilst the Dutch have followed others
in banning smoking in public areas, the marijuana cafes are allowed to
continue - as long as tobacco isn't smoked !!!!!!!!!!!

Odd, since marijuana is much harder on the lungs than tobacco, according to a
study I saw (it claimed that marijuana smoke is 16 times more irritating to
lung tissue).

Would that have been the same 'studies' touted by certain governments,
that new species of plants are 'twenty times more powerful than skunk'
or some equally mendacious cack****?

--
socpla_99
Old July 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Puffin' Billy

On 1 Jul, 13:53, "William Black" wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

Surreyman writes:

It's reported in Uk today that whilst the Dutch have followed others
in banning smoking in public areas, the marijuana cafes are allowed to
continue - as long as tobacco isn't smoked * *!!!!!!!!!!!

Odd, since marijuana is much harder on the lungs than tobacco, according
to a
study I saw (it claimed that marijuana smoke is 16 times more irritating
lung tissue).

And drinking alcohol kills even more...

Your point?

--
William Black

All these moments will be lost in time, *like icecream on the beach
Time for tea.

mixi is 16x more irritating ?
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
yeedyeegiiss

Mxsmanic wrote:

marijuana is much harder on the lungs than tobacco, according to a
study I saw (it claimed that marijuana smoke is 16 times more irritating to
lung tissue).

The above shows very poor understanding of the difference in how
marijuana is consumed, vs how tobacco is consumed.

In my experience, only very stupid people have such poor understanding
of this difference.
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

William Black writes:

And drinking alcohol kills even more...

Your point?

That objectivity is lacking.
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

yeedyeegiiss writes:

The above shows very poor understanding of the difference in how
marijuana is consumed, vs how tobacco is consumed.

I don't take mind-altering drugs, so my knowledge is limited.

In my experience, only very stupid people have such poor understanding
of this difference.

In my experience, only very stupid people take drugs.
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:

yeedyeegiiss writes:

The above shows very poor understanding of the difference in how
marijuana is consumed, vs how tobacco is consumed.

I don't take mind-altering drugs, so my knowledge is limited.

Don't blame not taking the drugs.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the