Bryce, Zion or Lake Powell??

Old January 10th, 2004, 11:42 PM
snow

Default Bryce, Zion or Lake Powell??

I will be going through Utah next summer with a popup for 3 or 4 nights in
the Byrce, Zion, Lake Powell area. Which is best to see with the fairly
short time? I have 3 children.
Any opinions appreciated. I was leaning to Zion, but I read where Bryce is
so nice to view. Also, Lake Powell is tempting from pictures I have viewed.

Old January 11th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Keith Willshaw

"snow" wrote in message
I will be going through Utah next summer with a popup for 3 or 4 nights in
the Byrce, Zion, Lake Powell area. Which is best to see with the fairly
short time? I have 3 children.
Any opinions appreciated. I was leaning to Zion, but I read where Bryce is
so nice to view. Also, Lake Powell is tempting from pictures I have

viewed.

Bryce and Zion are close enough to do both in 3 days, Lake Powell
comes a long way behind them IMHO

Keith

Old January 11th, 2004, 01:08 AM
James Gemmill

Looks like you ill most likely be near Page to see Lake Powell.
Unless you have a boat you'll only get to see the beach at Lone Rock.
It is a lovely place to camp. All other areas of the lake are
available only by boat. Stick with Bryce and Zion.

Old January 11th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Rqf

Having visited all three a couple of times I would recommend your
spending the time in Zion and Bryce.
Old January 13th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Julie

Bryce followed by Zion followed by Lake Powell.

Julie
Melbourne, Australia

Old January 13th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Rodney Boles

Since you'll be camping, consider staying a night at Kodachrome State
Park. The campground there is VERY nice and quiet. You camp in a
little natural ampitheater and have lots of little trails to explore.
fun place.
Old January 17th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Chris the Liberal

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message ...
"snow" wrote in message
I will be going through Utah next summer with a popup for 3 or 4 nights in
the Byrce, Zion, Lake Powell area. Which is best to see with the fairly
short time? I have 3 children.
Any opinions appreciated. I was leaning to Zion, but I read where Bryce is
so nice to view. Also, Lake Powell is tempting from pictures I have

viewed.

Bryce and Zion are close enough to do both in 3 days, Lake Powell
comes a long way behind them IMHO

Keith

Exactly what I was going to say. Use your time at Zion and Bryce.
Personally I like Bryce much better because of the colorful views
of the geology.
Old January 25th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Ian Phillips

I have been to Bryce and Lake Powell. Would say avoid Lake Powell.
Bryce is very colorful - liked it better than Monument Valley.
You could also make a cut east from SLC to the interior to Arches.

Ian - also a Liberal but Canadian one :-)

om...