Grand Princess to Western Caribbean--shore excursions?

Old March 24th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Terry Vacha

Default Grand Princess to Western Caribbean--shore excursions?

We will be visiting Belize, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Cozemel. Are there any
websites that have evaluations of the shore excursions on these cruises --
evaluations made by passengers?

Terry

Old March 24th, 2005, 02:04 PM
TeeJay

You may want to try the ports of call section of cruisecritic.com,
cruiseaddicts.com, and cruisemates.com.

Old March 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM
LES!

"Terry Vacha" wrote

| We will be visiting Belize, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Cozemel. Are there
any
| websites that have evaluations of the shore excursions on these cruises --
| evaluations made by passengers?
|
| Terry

I agree that Cruisecritic.com would be a good place (Can't vouch for the
other 2 sites)

The itinerary's great (I'm going on it again in about 1 1/2 week). My last
time, I did 2 excursions. 1 through the ship, 1 on my own.

In Costa Maya I did a half day tour to Chacchoben. It's a nice site. The
tour's only a half day, so you have plenty of time for beach or shopping
when you return to the pier.

In Grand Cayman, I did the Stingray City sandbar and Coral Garden snorkel
through Moby Dick (www.mobydicktours.com) It was $35 at the pier, but only
$30 if you prebook (no deposit required) I'm doing that one for a second
time.

I booked 2 independent tours and 3 ship tours this time. I booked the
Stingrays in Cayman again, the Stingrays and Shark Alley in Belize both
independently.

Through the ship I booked a catamaran snorkel in Costa Maya, a city tour of
Grand Cayman (in case I decide to do that instead of snorkel with the
stingrays as there are 30 in our group this time and I don't like the large
number) and I booked an all inclusive beach break in Cozumel.

The only reason I booked so much through the ship is that I wanted to save
some cash and I have $400 onboard credit, so that'll more than cover my
excursions and some of my drinks blush

If you choose to get some information at Cruise Critic, post the question in
each ports' specific forum. And be sure to include some of the things that
interest you. The more information you give, the better your responses.

LES!

Old March 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM
LES!

"Terry Vacha" wrote