French fast food caters to Muslims

Old September 11th, 2005, 04:03 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
news
Martin writes:

So what?

The question of Arabs dressing for ethnicity is not addressed.

Your ignorange of what "ethincity" means is not addresses.
Nor are you undressed.

Old September 11th, 2005, 05:19 PM

Mxsmanic wrote:
Icono Clast writes:

I applaud the natural bilinguality of those children. Would
that more parents did the same.

What's the value in it?

It can help them enjoy two cultures, not to mention help them get a
job, so they don't have to live in a cupboard and beg on the streets.

G;

Old September 11th, 2005, 05:37 PM

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:14:33 +0200, Donna Evleth

From: Martin
Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:17:10 +0200
Subject: French fast food caters to Muslims

They don't have bacon butties in France.
--
Martin

What is a bacon buttie? I have never heard of this.

After reading the thread, I had one for lunch, albeit slightly
modified. A buttie is just a sandwich.

I had one with bacon (actually pancetta), some mayo, and hot chips.
Very good it was too.

For some reason I like drinking instant coffee along with a bacon
sarnie. Must be the association with greasy spoon cafes.

G;

Old September 11th, 2005, 05:39 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

From: Martin
Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:17:10 +0200

They don't have bacon butties in France.
--
Martin

What is a bacon buttie? I have never heard of this.

After reading the thread, I had one for lunch, albeit slightly
modified. A buttie is just a sandwich.

I had one with bacon (actually pancetta), some mayo, and hot chips.
Very good it was too.

For some reason I like drinking instant coffee along with a bacon
sarnie. Must be the association with greasy spoon cafes.

Do you put a couple of lit cigarettes in an ashtray close by to add to
the experience?

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
photos at http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer
Old September 11th, 2005, 06:26 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:16:45 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:38:43 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Martin writes:

No not only, many who emigrated were multilingual.

No, not now. The Vietnamese have not spoken French since around 1975.
Many of today's Vietnamese were born after that date and speak no
French at all.

Many were born before that and did speak French.

Not any more.

If they come to France, however, they learn French
very quickly,

So quickly one might even think that they already knew it before they
arrived.

The Vietnamese speak virtually no French. Those that did speak it
once, now speak it very poorly. It is not used anymore.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old September 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:48:13 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Keith Anderson writes:

Didn't Frank Zappa call his daughter Moon Unit?

Yes, although she usually just goes by Moon, I believe.

Then there's the Billy Connolly story about the Glaswegian parents who
called their son Ghengis McCann.

Such abuses are legion, unfortunately.

The goal of the French law was to prevent these abuses. Children are
not the property of their parents, and parents should not have
unlimited freedom to give them horrific names that will haunt them and
traumatise them for the rest of their lives.

Why would having that name traumatise them? Did your name traumatise
you?
--
---
Old September 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

Old September 11th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Mxsmanic

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

Why would having that name traumatise them?

Who said it would?

Did your name traumatise you?

No.

Old September 11th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Keith Anderson

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:20:29 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Knowing about a second culture generally has no influence at all on
the ability to find a job. Only the local culture counts.

It does help if you want to work as a tour guide - understanding the
culture of the country in which you're guiding, plus that of the
nationality you're taking around is enormously helpful.

Keith, Bristol, UK

DE-MUNG for email replies