prescription drugs in china

Old December 5th, 2006, 05:05 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sanja

Default prescription drugs in china

Hi all,
I'll be travelling to China soon and I wonder what is their policy on
prescription drugs as I'll be carrying some with me. Do I need a
prescription or a note from my doctor or something like that? And if so, in
which language?

Old December 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon

In article , Sanja says...
Hi all,
I'll be travelling to China soon and I wonder what is their policy on
prescription drugs as I'll be carrying some with me. Do I need a
prescription or a note from my doctor or something like that? And if so, in
which language?

Just to be on the safe side, carry with you all medicines you will need
for the duration of the trip. It's better not to start looking for
medicines in China and you might not be able to explain exactly what you
need to a doctor.
--

Alfred Molon

Old December 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
R@L

"Sanja" wrote in message
Hi all,
I'll be travelling to China soon and I wonder what is their policy on
prescription drugs as I'll be carrying some with me. Do I need a
prescription or a note from my doctor or something like that? And if so,
in which language?

In fact I've never seen a baggage check on tourists anyway.
Don't think their immigration and customs is like the old USSR.
They are much friendlier.

Ronald

Old December 6th, 2006, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Maus

I was last September also in China, and as i had to carry also a lot of
medicaton with me but i didn't want to run any risk.
So i went to my pharmacy i there they made for me a 'medical passport'. It's
a piece of paper , in english, and it said that the person is taking
medication. It also states who the person is, what kind of medication he is
using, etc..(so you can 'proof' that you are 'allowed' to take the
medication)

In case i had to go to a hospital, i let my physician make another letter,
in english, with my condition and a short history of my condition, so no
misunderstandings could occur.

So my advice is: go to your pharmacy and ask for the medical passport. If
you have a condition where there is a possibility that you have to go to a
hospital: let your physician make a letter which states the condition you're
suffering.
Maybe this is all over the top, but in case of, it could be handy.

Have a good time in China!

Greetings,

Maus

--
(\__/)
(O.o )

Old December 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

Maus wrote:
I was last September also in China, and as i had to carry also a lot of
medicaton with me but i didn't want to run any risk.
So i went to my pharmacy i there they made for me a 'medical passport'. It's
a piece of paper , in english, and it said that the person is taking
medication. It also states who the person is, what kind of medication he is
using, etc..(so you can 'proof' that you are 'allowed' to take the
medication)

Couldn't you just fancy up something on your computer? Who'd know if
it's real or not? You think the Chinese is going to call up your local
pharmacy to check on your prescriptions?

Old December 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PTravel[_1_]

"Sanja" wrote in message
Hi all,
I'll be travelling to China soon and I wonder what is their policy on
prescription drugs as I'll be carrying some with me. Do I need a
prescription or a note from my doctor or something like that? And if so,
in which language?

Always carry prescription drugs in their original container, showing the
prescription. It can be in English -- you do not need a note from your
doctor. This is true whenever and wherever you travel.

I've been to China many times, always take my6 prescription meds with me,
and never had the slightest problem.

Old December 6th, 2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
pied piper

"PTravel" wrote in message

"Sanja" wrote in message
Hi all,
I'll be travelling to China soon and I wonder what is their policy on
prescription drugs as I'll be carrying some with me. Do I need a
prescription or a note from my doctor or something like that? And if so,
in which language?

Always carry prescription drugs in their original container, showing the
prescription. It can be in English -- you do not need a note from your
doctor. This is true whenever and wherever you travel.

I've been to China many times, always take my6 prescription meds with me,
and never had the slightest problem.

just buy your drugs over the conter when u get there they are much cheaper
than here in the uk and u dont need a prescription i always stock up for a
few months

Old December 7th, 2006, 06:43 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt

On 6 Dec 2006 08:55:07 -0800, "PeterL" wrote:

Maus wrote:
I was last September also in China, and as i had to carry also a lot of
medicaton with me but i didn't want to run any risk.
So i went to my pharmacy i there they made for me a 'medical passport'. It's
a piece of paper , in english, and it said that the person is taking
medication. It also states who the person is, what kind of medication he is
using, etc..(so you can 'proof' that you are 'allowed' to take the
medication)

Couldn't you just fancy up something on your computer? Who'd know if
it's real or not? You think the Chinese is going to call up your local
pharmacy to check on your prescriptions?

I guess honesty and integrity are not qualities you have much respect
for.

Chris
Old December 7th, 2006, 07:15 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Maus

"PeterL" wrote in message
ps.com...

"R@L" wrote in message

"Sanja" wrote in message
Hi all,
I'll be travelling to China soon and I wonder what is their policy on
prescription drugs as I'll be carrying some with me. Do I need a
prescription or a note from my doctor or something like that? And if
so,
in which language?

In fact I've never seen a baggage check on tourists anyway.
Don't think their immigration and customs is like the old USSR.
They are much friendlier.

Ronald

I guess that you're healthy?
Not releying on everyday use of medications. Medications which you have to
take, day by day?
Medications which you can't afford to take the wrong ones, so you can't run
the risk of going out of them?

As i said, maybe it's over the top, but in the worst case the official
letters could help. it's just a small trouble to get these papers, and it's
just an idea. The O.P. can do with it, whatever he/she wants to do with it.
My phycisian told me that it was quite normal to have these papers, it
wasn't unusual.

Maus

--
(\__/)