prescription drugs in china

Old December 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

Default prescription drugs in china

Chris Blunt wrote:
On 6 Dec 2006 08:55:07 -0800, "PeterL" wrote:

Maus wrote:
I was last September also in China, and as i had to carry also a lot of
medicaton with me but i didn't want to run any risk.
So i went to my pharmacy i there they made for me a 'medical passport'. It's
a piece of paper , in english, and it said that the person is taking
medication. It also states who the person is, what kind of medication he is
using, etc..(so you can 'proof' that you are 'allowed' to take the
medication)

Couldn't you just fancy up something on your computer? Who'd know if
it's real or not? You think the Chinese is going to call up your local
pharmacy to check on your prescriptions?

I guess honesty and integrity are not qualities you have much respect
for.

What does honesty and integrity has to do with anything here. The OP
is not trying to cheat or lie or use illegal drugs. He is taking
legitimate medicines for his conditions. All I am suggesting is that
to get a letter from the pharmacy is meaningless for this situation.

Chris

Old December 7th, 2006, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt

Maus wrote:
I was last September also in China, and as i had to carry also a lot of
medicaton with me but i didn't want to run any risk.
So i went to my pharmacy i there they made for me a 'medical passport'. It's
a piece of paper , in english, and it said that the person is taking
medication. It also states who the person is, what kind of medication he is
using, etc..(so you can 'proof' that you are 'allowed' to take the
medication)

Couldn't you just fancy up something on your computer? Who'd know if
it's real or not? You think the Chinese is going to call up your local
pharmacy to check on your prescriptions?

I guess honesty and integrity are not qualities you have much respect
for.

What does honesty and integrity has to do with anything here. The OP
is not trying to cheat or lie or use illegal drugs.

It was your suggestion that he use his computer to produce forged
documentation to show he was legitimately carrying prescription drugs
that prompted my comment. Apart from being dishonest, its also rather
stupid to recommend someone do that when traveling to a foreign
country with restricted pharmaceutical drugs.

Chris
Old December 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

Maus wrote:
[...]

He is carrying legitimate prescription medicine. There is nothing
forged about it.

Apart from being dishonest, its also rather
stupid to recommend someone do that when traveling to a foreign
country with restricted pharmaceutical drugs.

It's presciption medicine, it's not "restricted". He has a legitimate
use for the medicine. There is not a need to carry any kind of note
from the pharmacy, since #1, the Chinese don't really care about it,
and #2 they have no way to check with the pharmacy.

Chris

Old December 8th, 2006, 06:14 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt

Maus wrote:
[...]

As you know very well, its not the medicine that's fake, it's the
documentation confirming the carrier's entitlement to be in possession
of it that you suggested he forge. That's what I meant about being
dishonest.

Apart from being dishonest, its also rather
stupid to recommend someone do that when traveling to a foreign
country with restricted pharmaceutical drugs.

It's presciption medicine, it's not "restricted". He has a legitimate
use for the medicine. There is not a need to carry any kind of note
from the pharmacy, since #1, the Chinese don't really care about it,
and #2 they have no way to check with the pharmacy.

Of course they're restricted. The distribution, sale of, and
possession of many types of pharmaceuticals are restricted by law. The
end-user can only obtain these drugs with a prescription from an
authorised doctor.

In the ordinary course of events there probably wouldn't be a problem,
but what if the person falls under suspicion for some other reason
that may be quite unrelated to this. If the authorities decide to
carry out a detailed examination of what he's carrying and he produces
forged documentation to justify his possession of some drugs then he's
only going to attract more suspicion on himself. In my experience,
that's always the way problems start when you do these kind of things.

Chris
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:20 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
pied piper

news

Maus wrote:
I was last September also in China, and as i had to carry also a lot of
medicaton with me but i didn't want to run any risk.
So i went to my pharmacy i there they made for me a 'medical passport'.
It's
a piece of paper , in english, and it said that the person is taking
medication. It also states who the person is, what kind of medication he
is
using, etc..(so you can 'proof' that you are 'allowed' to take the
medication)

Couldn't you just fancy up something on your computer? Who'd know if
it's real or not? You think the Chinese is going to call up your local
pharmacy to check on your prescriptions?

I guess honesty and integrity are not qualities you have much respect
for.

Chris

Idiotic statement where is the honesty and integrity of the pharmacy who now
charge £49 for a medical passport which in China realy is a useless piece of
paper.

Old December 8th, 2006, 11:25 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
pied piper

Maus wrote:
[...]

You realy are a dimwit dont you realise that 99% of prescription drugs in
this country are available over the counter in China without a
prescription.

In fact the same goes in the majority of countries which is why you dont get
crowded doctors surgerys overseas.

Old December 8th, 2006, 11:50 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Maus

Maus wrote:
[...]

49?

Are you sure?
Here in Holland it's free!
It's part of the paharmacy's service.

Maus

--
(\__/)
(O.o )

Old December 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

Chris Blunt wrote:
On 7 Dec 2006 09:48:16 -0800, "PeterL" wrote:

He is carrying legitimate prescription medicine. There is nothing
forged about it.

As you know very well, its not the medicine that's fake, it's the
documentation confirming the carrier's entitlement to be in possession
of it that you suggested he forge. That's what I meant about being
dishonest.

He is legally entitled to have those medicine. He is not faking a
document to carry medicine he is not entitled to use. There is nothing
dishonest about that.

Old December 8th, 2006, 05:04 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
pied piper

Maus wrote:
[...]

Here in the UK if you are English and pay taxes you pay for everything else
and everyone else

Old December 9th, 2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt

On 8 Dec 2006 08:02:10 -0800, "PeterL" wrote:

Chris Blunt wrote:
On 7 Dec 2006 09:48:16 -0800, "PeterL" wrote:

He is carrying legitimate prescription medicine. There is nothing
forged about it.

As you know very well, its not the medicine that's fake, it's the
documentation confirming the carrier's entitlement to be in possession
of it that you suggested he forge. That's what I meant about being
dishonest.

He is legally entitled to have those medicine. He is not faking a
document to carry medicine he is not entitled to use. There is nothing
dishonest about that.

He didn't say specifically what medication he was taking, so to say he
can carry them legally in China is just a dangerous assumption on your
part.

Chris