Help Me Pick An October Cruise For Me

Old September 2nd, 2004, 03:28 PM
Eileen

This came as Vacations to go cruise newsletter. It seems to be just what you
are looking for.
I've copied and pasted some of it, and I'd forward the email, itself, to
you, if you want.

We've just arranged some special promotions that will make 6-star luxury
cruising more tempting than ever. First, for small groups of friends and
family members, book three staterooms on any eligible 2004 sailing of
Crystal Cruises and get a fourth cabin on the same sailing free (port taxes
and fees still apply for the fourth stateroom). Click here for a list of
sailings eligible for the Book Three, Get One Free promotion.

For our single travelers, we're pleased to be able to offer the lowest
single supplement rates I've ever seen, on numerous 2004 and 2005 sailings
of Crystal, Radisson and Silversea. Crystal will charge our single customers
only 5-10% more than the per-person, double-occupancy rate, on several 2004
Caribbean sailings from Fort Lauderdale. Radisson is offering our single
customers a supplement of only $199 or $299 for select 2004 Mediterranean
sailings. And Silversea is offering our customers a single supplement of
only 10% for numerous 2005 sailings. Click here for a list of all sailings
that are eligible for these low single supplements.

The two promotions on Crystal may be combined, so it's possible for a group
of single friends to qualify for the low single supplement rate and earn a
free fourth cabin on the same sailing. Click here for Crystal sailings on
which both promotions apply.

It is a cruise line requirement that only new bookings qualify for these
specials, the offers are subject to availability and some restrictions
apply. Call for more information or reservations.

----

Eileen

---

Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:12 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Tom, how about the Sleaxy3?? I know it is Carnival(gasp!), but you
would be traveling with friends and I would love to see you again. We
are sailing out of New Orleans on 10/31 and goiing down to see NO a
couple of days early.

sue

Good idea, Sue! There will be quite a few people on the Conquest that you
(Tom) know and have exchanged posts with on rtc! That would be fun indeed!
You would get to do New Orleans with us too! Most of us are coming in a few
days early...around Oct 29 or so..Sheree has taken the Conquest and had very
favorable comments if I remember correctly..
So how about it Tom? It would be great cruising with you again!

Jean,

Sheree said the food was better then on the Zenith.

sue

Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:27 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom & Linda wrote:

Sleazy's not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking the other way. First
to see if I can minimize air (with NYC at least one way). And then to go to
the other direction away from mainstream... like Crystal, Radisson, etc. Or
at least Constellation. Or maybe Cunard.

I'm trying to see if I can "stretch" and still keep pricing down to a
reasonable level.

I know which way you are leaning, I was just hoping to cruise with you!

sue

Old September 2nd, 2004, 06:51 PM
Linsifer

Tom, I missed the first part of the thread...so I take it Linda won't be with
you? No need for a romantic cruise, I assume. It does sound like a nice,
upscale line would be great for a little R&R. Good luck with your pursuit!

Lindsay

Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:02 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Benjamin Smith" wrote in message news:KPDZc.1220

.. I think after this surgery, Tom should treat himself
royally to something more upscale, hell if I had the dough I'd put Tom
on a Crystal, Radisson, or Silverseas. At the very least Cunard QM2. No
mass market stuff this time.

Ben S.

That was why I suggested the Conquest, Ben...I thought it would be fun for
Tom to be among friends after going through his surgery instead of being
*all alone* on a ship~ and knowing no one at first... Besides, it would give
him a chance to dispell all the horrors of his one experience with poor
Carnival food!! ;-D and we would be there to witness it! vbg Then a few
days of NOLA would really be fun! We can be a *rowdy bunch* in a dignified
way!

--Jean

Old September 3rd, 2004, 05:37 AM
Jeff Coudriet

There's 9 nights on the Zenith from NYC to Bermuda then Nova Scotia and
Rhode Island??

Jeff

Tom & Linda wrote:

"RTCReferee" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:

When - October this year.

Any day in October to any day in October, or can it sort of spill into

November

a little?

Some Spillage is OK on either side.

--Tom

Old September 3rd, 2004, 05:39 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Checking pricing on Orbitz....the Zenith 9 day for a concierge class
room for a single is only $1,085! Damn, I might have to do this sailing!!!!

Jeff

Old September 3rd, 2004, 05:49 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Or there is a 7 night on the Crystal Symphony out of NYC "Colonial
Celebration" to New England, etc., which is $3000 for a single on Orbitz.

Jeff

Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Tom & Linda

That's what I was looking at. But if my friend Bill from work comes along,
we may do Connie instead. She's doing 10 nights, going up to Quebec. Oct
1. Pricing is a bit lower than the 7 night Crystal sailing, which doesn't
go to Quebec (the attraction for me). For an inside, Connie's more in the
$2100 range. Outsides in the $2600 range. I think we're gonna do that.
It's a Friday to Monday 10 night sailing.

Can you get away Oct 1? You could show us Quebec.

--Tom

Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:42 PM
Jeff Coudriet

Have been seeing St. Barts and some other interesting islands on both
Oceania and Windstar. Could work for me for this Dec or Jan! Off the
beaten path at this point is a good thing....I think Windstar even docks
right at St. John's for a whole day on one of their sailings.

Jeff

Lee Lindquist wrote:

We've been researching crystal cruises, as well.

Although not out of NY, I noticed that they have several itineraries
that call on St. Barts.