Soft Drink Package on RCL

Old March 11th, 2006, 07:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Soft Drink Package on RCL

Someone told me this, but I don't really believe it so I wanted to check
here to see if anyone knew about this. On our last RCL cruise about 8
months ago, we bought drink packages which allowed for unlimited soft drinks
while on the cruise. They gave us these red Coca Cola containers that you
drink out of which you just presented for refill whenever desired. We were
told at the time that if we brought the containers back on a subsequent
cruise, we could just get free soft drinks again without having to pay for
the package again. Is that right?

Old March 11th, 2006, 11:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Rick" wrote in message
m...
Someone told me this, but I don't really believe it so I wanted to check
here to see if anyone knew about this. On our last RCL cruise about 8
months ago, we bought drink packages which allowed for unlimited soft
drinks while on the cruise. They gave us these red Coca Cola containers
that you drink out of which you just presented for refill whenever
desired. We were told at the time that if we brought the containers back
on a subsequent cruise, we could just get free soft drinks again without
having to pay for the package again. Is that right?

Free soft drinks for life? I doubt it.

Old March 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Rick wrote:
Someone told me this, but I don't really believe it so I wanted to check
here to see if anyone knew about this. On our last RCL cruise about 8
months ago, we bought drink packages which allowed for unlimited soft drinks
while on the cruise. They gave us these red Coca Cola containers that you
drink out of which you just presented for refill whenever desired. We were
told at the time that if we brought the containers back on a subsequent
cruise, we could just get free soft drinks again without having to pay for
the package again. Is that right?

On the RCI cruises I've been on, they change the container every voyage
just to prevent this sort of thing.

So, no. You have to pay for the soft drink package each and every voyage.

It's quite a racket they've got, isn't it. The soft drink companies
create a bunch of addicts, and the fast food/sports/cruise/etc
industries exploit it.
Old March 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

No.
You need your Seapass card with the sticker on it, although many
bartenders are so disgusted with the program they just fill the "can"
without asking for the card. I just got off the Jewel today and saw this
happen quite often this past week.
The bartenders feel it is a major pain in the A** because: 1.) Dealing
with lots of rude kids who treat them like servants and 2.) Do not feel
they are properly compensated via the one time pooled tip per Coke
container.

Old March 12th, 2006, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
No.
The bartenders feel it is a major pain in the A** because: 1.) Dealing
with lots of rude kids who treat them like servants

They are servants aren't they? They should just be happy they have a
real bed to sleep in instead of the dirt they sleep on under their thatched
huts on the islands.

Old March 12th, 2006, 04:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Von Fourche wrote:

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message

No.
The bartenders feel it is a major pain in the A** because: 1.) Dealing
with lots of rude kids who treat them like servants

They are servants aren't they? They should just be happy they have a
real bed to sleep in instead of the dirt they sleep on under their thatched
huts on the islands.

Everyone deserves to be treated with
respect, no matter what position they
are in.

Marsha/Ohio

Old March 12th, 2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Marsha" wrote in message
Von Fourche wrote:

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message

No.
The bartenders feel it is a major pain in the A** because: 1.) Dealing
with lots of rude kids who treat them like servants

They are servants aren't they? They should just be happy they have a
real bed to sleep in instead of the dirt they sleep on under their
thatched huts on the islands.

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, no matter what position they
are in.

Amen! In many cases the "servants" are better educated than the
"servees(?)". They just don't have the same opportunities in their home
countries. Case in point- I engaged a busboy in conversation at the
Officers' Club at Naval Station Subic Bay a few years ago. He had a MBA,
but could make more in tips from the Americans than he could in his
profession on the local economy,
If the 2nd above comment wasn't a poor attempt at humor, it was unbelievably
arrogant.
Paul Johnson

Old March 12th, 2006, 05:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Paul Johnson" wrote in
:

"Marsha" wrote in message
Von Fourche wrote:

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message

No.
[...]

Hit a hot button here! I substitute teach at a local high school noted
for its pampered and spoiled children (not all just the ugly minority of
course) I have been told that Substitutes do not merit their respect
(then again in checking with the regular teacher, I have been assured
that the sentiment was not limited to substitutes)

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old March 12th, 2006, 06:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
No.
You need your Seapass card with the sticker on it, although many
bartenders are so disgusted with the program they just fill the "can"
without asking for the card. I just got off the Jewel today and saw this
happen quite often this past week.
The bartenders feel it is a major pain in the A** because: 1.) Dealing
with lots of rude kids who treat them like servants and 2.) Do not feel
they are properly compensated via the one time pooled tip per Coke
container.

I wonder how many folks save their plastic passkey with the sticker to
show on the next cruise?

Personally, I can live without soft drinks for a few weeks.

Pete