"I Am Not American" Web Site Adds Designs, Languages, Merchandise

Old December 30th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Bert Amada

Default Don't you live in North America?(Turby)

Turby wrote:

To say those who call attention to our problems
are un-American is wrong.

I never said that!

Everything you said about the right to recognize and criticize our
country's flaws is true! (In that case, I prefer to use the word
"criticize" rather than "bash.") That is part of our country's
greatness. In one of my earlier posts, _I did acknowledge the fact that
this nation _"is not perfect."_ Only a fool would think that
"perfection" is possible, and believe that the failure to achieve
perfection is justification to be an "America Basher." (In Tashi's case,
"bash" is the proper word. I make a distinction between the two words.)

However, that wasn't the subject.

Tashi has a general disdain for America and is under the impression that
most Americans are ashamed to admit to, or to be identified, as such.
NOT TRUE! It appears that you and I agree that with all of our flaws, we
still believe that our government is the best that has come along, and
that as individuals, we have the right to always ask for improvement.
That's worth "shouting about."

B. A.

Please note: To avoid spam, unsolicited email is automatically deleted
unread by my server. Only mail which comes from comes those who are
already in my address book is put through. If you wish to send me an
email, kindly say so in a post, before attempting to send the mail. I
will then notify you when my line is open to you.

Old December 30th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Tashi

"Tashi has a general disdain for America and is under the impression that
most Americans are ashamed to admit to, or to be identified, as such."

Where in ANY post does it say or portray that I have a "general disdain for
the States?" I said it would be an insult to call me an American because
I'm a Canadian. PERIOD.

I asked a question. Why do some [American's] say they're not when they are
travelling abroad in either hostile or non-hostile countries? PERIOD.
Perhaps you have not travelled enough to see this phenomena?

But for any other non-american people reading this post....... THAT MY
FRIENDS, IS THE AMERICAN ATTITUDE NOT SO???

Old December 30th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Bert Amada

Default Don't you live in North America?(Tashi)

Just one more time!

Tashi,

You wrote:

Where in ANY post does it say or portray that I
have a "general disdain for the States?"
I said it would be an insult to call me an
American because I'm a Canadian. PERIOD.

If you are DISAPPOINTED when not recognized as a Canadian, then that is
the word you should have used! To state that you are INSULTED to be
mistaken for an American, clearly shows your contempt for us. PERIOD.
You most likely, would not have been INSULTED to be mistaken for a
British citizen. Foreigners are welcomed to criticize our country, but
when it is done by someone who does it because he enjoys being an
"American Basher" it wears thin.

As for you questioning the extent of my travels... I've spent quite a
bit of time in Canada and Mexico, a year in France...been to England,
Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Panama, The Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Columbia,
Greece, Iceland, Hong Kong, Macao, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and
Borneo. Never once did I try to hide the fact that I am an American!

Try using me as an example of an American instead the few leftist
expatriates that you obviously have met. I have also met those same
characters both stateside and abroad, but my scope is wide enough for me
to know that they do not represent the majority of Americans. Perhaps it
is you who should broaden your scope.

Old January 11th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Jim Davis Sr.

"Tashi" wrote in message

I asked a question. Why do some [American's] say they're not when they

are
travelling abroad in either hostile or non-hostile countries? PERIOD.
Perhaps you have not travelled enough to see this phenomena?

Here's another perspective;
I travel extensively. (50 weeks per year.) I'm writing from a Hotel
Room right now. When I travel to other countries, I never hide the fact
that I am American. But I don't run around pushing the fact in other
peoples faces. I am in their Country to do a job. I do my job and leave.
I don't have time to get into political arguments due to the fact that it is
not my reason for being there. When ask where I am from, I proudly answer
*Texas.* In 35 years of travel, I've had absolutely NO problems with the
local people. It doesn't matter where you're from in most cases. Respect
others & they'll respect you.
Jim Davis Sr.
Houston Texas.