MIA and FLL

Old February 10th, 2010, 11:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Default MIA and FLL

Bill consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared On 2/10/2010 12:21 PM:
On 2/9/2010 7:46 PM, wrote:
On Feb 9, 2:22�pm, "Seehorse wrote:

I'm sure there is law on the subject, but memory tells me hotel
guests can't
be evicted if they chose to overstay. �Are you or George, or other
readers,
up on the current laws? �I would think this situation would arise
often.

While it has been decades since I worked for Marriott, I seem to
recall that we could not evict a guest if they were sick. That was
about it. No exceptions.

I had a Priceline reservation (at an excellent price) at a Hilton near
my son's school for parent's weekend last October. A week before we
were to arrive, I got a call from Priceline saying that we were being
bumped from the hotel because they were overbooked. I had booked it in
July. I found that all of the other parents who had booked through
Priceline were also bumped, and the hotel claimed that they bumped
people who had booked through them as well. Apparently they had a
large group of foreigners and they had decided to extend their stay,
and the hotel claimed they could not evict them. As it was parent's
weekend, there were no comparable hotel rooms available so they moved
us to a Quality Inn that was 10 minutes away and 1* less in quality
(2* vs 3* for the Hilton). The best that PL would do when I complained
was offer a $10/day coupon for a future stay. The Hilton didn't offer
any compensation.

Bill

That sounds like an unfortunate turn of events for you. This is one of
the reasons that I don't book through Priceline, they really don't have
a personal interest in their clientele. Once they get their money you
are S.O.L.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera