Hiati

Old January 13th, 2010, 08:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Default Hiati

Will that little island off of Hati still be available for criuse
ships?
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Clint" wrote in message
Will that little island off of Hati still be available for criuse
ships?

NOT funny, Clint...
What happened and is going on there is nothing to joke about...the poorest
country on earth and then to have such a horrible and devastating disaster
happen is extremely sad.

Old January 13th, 2010, 10:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Have been to haiti several times,and my heart goes out to those
people,it seems tragedy hits those who are the worse off. Port-o-prince
is really very,very poor,trying to find out if the quake hit near cap
hatian.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old January 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

On Jan 13, 4:58*pm, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
"Clint" wrote in message

Will that little island off of Hati still be available for criuse
ships?

NOT funny, Clint...
What happened and is going on there is nothing to joke about...the poorest
country on earth and then to have such a horrible and devastating disaster
happen is extremely sad.

You are right, didn't mean to be funny....it's a terrible tragedy!
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Clint" wrote in message

Will that little island off of Hati still be available for criuse
ships?

NOT funny, Clint...
What happened and is going on there is nothing to joke about...the poorest
country on earth and then to have such a horrible and devastating disaster
happen is extremely sad.

You are right, didn't mean to be funny....it's a terrible tragedy!

Thank you for letting us see the good side of you...I'm sure you probably
wished you had not sent it right after you hit "send."

--Jean

Old January 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nanzi

"Clint" wrote in message

Will that little island off of Hati still be available for criuse
ships?

NOT funny, Clint...
What happened and is going on there is nothing to joke about...the poorest
country on earth and then to have such a horrible and devastating disaster
happen is extremely sad.

You are right, didn't mean to be funny....it's a terrible tragedy!

Thank you for letting us see the good side of you...I'm sure you probably
wished you had not sent it right after you hit "send."

--Jean

The good side is that the ships have resumed visits, and are coming
laden with supplies. Their reasoning, and coroborated by Haitian govt
was that the business for Labadee was helping the vendors and kiosk
owners to remain stable. See Ray Goldenbergs blurbs from NCL who has
had a 30 year relationship with Haiti. Here's hoping the rest of the
lines follow suit and fill every availible space with needed
supplies.No affiliation with any cruise line, altho we are going on
our first cruise(Carnival) in March.Nan
Old January 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:33:19 -0800 (PST), Nanzi
wrote:

See Ray Goldenbergs blurbs from NCL who has
had a 30 year relationship with Haiti.

Hi Nanzi,

As a clarification, it is Royal Caribbean.
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

"Clint" wrote in message

[...]

Would it be a good idea then to pack extra clothes to give to the locals
in Labadee to pass on to their less fortunate folks on the mainland?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Surfer E2468 wrote On 1/13/2010 5:26 PM:
Have been to haiti several times,and my heart goes out to those
people,it seems tragedy hits those who are the worse off. Port-o-prince
is really very,very poor,trying to find out if the quake hit near cap
hatian.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Maybe Google satellite maps will have updated maps that you can browse
to see if it's been hit by the earthquake?

--
________

Old January 21st, 2010, 09:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

I think it is very humane to help haiti,and i feel for the people,but
with all the help they are getting,why does this country not do more for
our poor homeless people that are suffering and cannot afford health
care,and the children that are waiting in hopes of being adopted here.
The old adage is charity begins at home . I am sure there will be some
very nasty remarks made about this post.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..