Newark - 4 hour Layover

Old March 9th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Mike Schumann

Default Newark - 4 hour Layover

I have a 4 hour layover in Newark on my way to Franfurt. Any suggestions on
what I should do?

--
Mike Schumann

Old March 9th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Mike Schumann" wrote in message
I have a 4 hour layover in Newark on my way to Franfurt. Any suggestions

on
what I should do?

take a book to read - its hardly long enough to get out and about without
rushing back.

Old March 9th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Miguel Cruz

Mike Schumann wrote:
I have a 4 hour layover in Newark on my way to Franfurt. Any suggestions
on what I should do?

Find a new travel agent?

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old March 9th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Mike Schumann wrote:

I have a 4 hour layover in Newark on my way to Franfurt. Any suggestions on
what I should do?

Travel between gates. Then check in. That should do it. FFM

Old March 9th, 2004, 06:51 PM
cj

Mike Schumann wrote:
I have a 4 hour layover in Newark on my way to Franfurt. Any suggestions on
what I should do?

Like another poster stated, 4 hours isn't a whole lot of time to leave
the airport and return. Newark is not a pretty area and nothing within
walking distance - but the airport isn't much better.

Depending on how fast you can get to the train, NYC is about a 30 minute
train ride. And if time is tight in getting there, you could always buy
your souvenir at the shops in the station and turn around and go back.
Make sure you allow plenty of time to go through security at the airport.

I'm not familiar in how to get to the train from the airport (I believe
there is a stop), but you can access NJ transit information at
www.njtransit.com. I see the NE corridor line is having mechanical
problems today...another factor to consider for timing.

Old March 9th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Miguel Cruz

cj wrote:
Mike Schumann wrote:
I have a 4 hour layover in Newark on my way to Franfurt. Any suggestions
on what I should do?

I'm not familiar in how to get to the train from the airport (I believe
there is a stop)

There's a monorail thing you have to ride to the train station, which is on
the airport lot but not really in the airport. Then from there you hop an NJ
Transit train to the city.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old March 9th, 2004, 07:44 PM
nobody

Miguel Cruz wrote:
There's a monorail thing you have to ride to the train station, which is on
the airport lot but not really in the airport. Then from there you hop an NJ
Transit train to the city.

Are there any developments with regards to bringing Path to the Newark airport
station to which the monorail "thing" connects ?

If one is going to the stock exchange district, wouldn't the slower Path
(compared to NJ transit) still be faster than going to Penn station in
Manhattan, and then transfering to subway to head back south ?
Old March 9th, 2004, 08:23 PM
cj

Miguel Cruz wrote:
cj wrote:

Mike Schumann wrote:

I have a 4 hour layover in Newark on my way to Franfurt. Any suggestions
on what I should do?

I'm not familiar in how to get to the train from the airport (I believe
there is a stop)

There's a monorail thing you have to ride to the train station, which is on
the airport lot but not really in the airport. Then from there you hop an NJ
Transit train to the city.

miguel

Here's the info on the airtrain at the airport. I guess you buy the
tickets at the airport to save money and time.

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/monorailframe.htm