Internet access

Old March 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Internet access

I am sailing on RCL Mariner of the Seas next week. Is internet access
available on the ship? If so, how much is the cost and how does it work?
Can I use my own laptop and connect to the internet?

Old March 9th, 2006, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Rick
wrote:

I am sailing on RCL Mariner of the Seas next week. Is internet access
available on the ship? If so, how much is the cost and how does it work?
Can I use my own laptop and connect to the internet?

They have wireless hotspots in several public areas. There are
different packages, I don't have the pricing handy. There is also an in
cabin slow dial connection available.

--
Charles
Old March 9th, 2006, 07:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Rick" wrote in message
m...
I am sailing on RCL Mariner of the Seas next week. Is internet access
available on the ship? If so, how much is the cost and how does it work?
Can I use my own laptop and connect to the internet?

Either email the ship line directly and ask them, or go to cruisecritic.com,
boards, and post your question on the correct forum. (You will have to join
but it is free).

Old March 10th, 2006, 02:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

It's $0.50 a minute to use the comupters on the ship. They have an area on
the 8th floor with lots of computers. My average time to check email was 7
minutes. I don't know how much it is for the laptop users but I saw a lot
of people using them around the ship.

m...

Old March 10th, 2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Rick
wrote:

I am sailing on RCL Mariner of the Seas next week. Is internet access
available on the ship? If so, how much is the cost and how does it work?
Can I use my own laptop and connect to the internet?

I dug up the price list as of my cruise on Mariner in December. It is
..50 cents a minute if you use your laptop for Wi-Fi, or their
workstation, or you can buy a package. $25 for 60 minutes, $35 for 90
minutes, $50 for 150 minutes.

--
Charles
Old March 10th, 2006, 07:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Internet Connectivity

TIP: If you are bringing a laptop on your cruise, be sure to go to
Guest Services right
after you board to get one of the few "cybercabin" phones available.
With a special
cybercabin phone, you get unlimited internet access for the week for a
$100 fee. I thought
this was WELL WORTH IT. The internet connection speed was not as fast
as DSL but faster
than dialup - I found it sufficient and I didn't have any connection
problems the whole
week. It's the best internet setup I have experienced on any cruise. I
was told there
are only 40 of these phones available for the whole ship.

If you aren't lucky enough to get one of the cyberphones, regular
internet access is
available through the internet cafe for 50 cents a minute. The Internet
Cafe had a good
number of terminals available.

Old March 10th, 2006, 10:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article .com,
travelexpert wrote:

TIP: If you are bringing a laptop on your cruise, be sure to go to
Guest Services right after you board to get one of the few
"cybercabin" phones available. With a special cybercabin phone, you
get unlimited internet access for the week for a $100 fee.

Some expert. The $100 flat fee for "cybercabin" unlimited access is no
longer available. You have to buy a package of minutes now.

As a self proclaimed "travelexpert" you should have known that instead
of passing off an outdated tip.

--
Charles
Old March 10th, 2006, 03:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Rick
wrote:

I am sailing on RCL Mariner of the Seas next week. Is internet access
available on the ship? If so, how much is the cost and how does it work?
Can I use my own laptop and connect to the internet?

I dug up the price list as of my cruise on Mariner in December. It is
.50 cents a minute if you use your laptop for Wi-Fi, or their
workstation, or you can buy a package. $25 for 60 minutes, $35 for 90
minutes, $50 for 150 minutes.

--
Charles

Thanks very much! I emailed RCL to try to get an answer on this and they
never responded.

Old March 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

It was reinstated on sailings ... Check with the line and other
"alternatives" are also available!