Cruise merger will add new amenities

Old March 9th, 2006, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Cruise merger will add new amenities

To Whom It May Concern:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well. If this is somehow a repeat of an
earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can always be ignored or deleted.

The merger of Regent Hotels and Radisson Seven Seas Cruises in the next 18
months will involve upgraded suites and décor, as well as new amenities and
technology.

"Our acclaimed cruise line is evolving to a new higher level," said Jay
Witzel, president and CEO of Carlson Homes Worldwide and Carlson Cruises
Worldwide.

The new global Regent brand will encompass Regent Hotels and Radisson Seven
Seas Cruises, which will change its name to Regent Seven Seas Cruises
immediately.

Regent Hotels, with a growing portfolio of luxury properties worldwide, was
acquired by the Carlson Companies in 1997.

"Some things will not change," Mr Witzel said.

He said the cruise line will continue to operate the world's only
all-balcony suite with small and mid-sized ships that offer gourmet food.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker
SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at
(800) 724-6644 & (pagoo ID: 714.536.3850)
http://www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old March 9th, 2006, 11:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:07:42 GMT, John Sisker wrote:

[...]

What's your take on why they did this, John?
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html
Old March 10th, 2006, 02:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi Chrissy Cruiser,

My assumption would be that this made logical sense because of growing
competition. Many cruise lines have merged in the past, but now with
slightly different product lines, a natural tie-in can be made to a cruise
with perhaps a pre or post cruise hotel package. All cruise line offer this.
What better connection would Regent Seven Seas Cruises have than to tap into
their own Regents Hotels where and when appropriate.

John

Old March 10th, 2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:31:36 GMT, John Sisker wrote:

Hi Chrissy Cruiser,

My assumption would be that this made logical sense because of growing
competition. Many cruise lines have merged in the past, but now with
slightly different product lines, a natural tie-in can be made to a cruise
with perhaps a pre or post cruise hotel package. All cruise line offer this.
What better connection would Regent Seven Seas Cruises have than to tap into
their own Regents Hotels where and when appropriate.

John

I wondered about the Raddison name, the brand did not drive the images they
wanted. The pre-post pkgs make sense as well. We did the Gauguin and the
Tahitian Princess on a back to back recently, both were values for the
money. No way to make that trip w/out a stay pre and post, especially post.

http://www.rssc.com/ships/ship.jsp?code=PAU
Old March 10th, 2006, 03:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"John Sisker" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi Chrissy Cruiser,

My assumption would be that this made logical sense because of growing
competition. Many cruise lines have merged in the past, but now with
slightly different product lines, a natural tie-in can be made to a cruise
with perhaps a pre or post cruise hotel package. All cruise line offer
this. What better connection would Regent Seven Seas Cruises have than to
tap into their own Regents Hotels where and when appropriate.

John

John must be a really nice guy considering that he gave a troll a serious
answer...

[...]

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0610-1, 03/08/2006
Tested on: 3/9/2006 8:54:17 PM

Old March 10th, 2006, 04:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Chrissy Cruises,

Maybe this is the reasoning for changing the name to Regent Seven Seas
Cruises immediately. Now, likewise, with the name of "Regent Hotels," this
will enhance their image as well.

John Sisker

Old March 10th, 2006, 06:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 03:02:59 GMT, John Sisker wrote:

Chrissy Cruises,

Maybe this is the reasoning for changing the name to Regent Seven Seas
Cruises immediately. Now, likewise, with the name of "Regent Hotels," this
will enhance their image as well.

John Sisker

http://cruises.about.com/b/a/250071.htm

We'll see if the suite upgrades become a visual extension of the Regent
Hotel look.
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html