Good hotel in Ipoh

Old March 31st, 2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default Good hotel in Ipoh

grusl wrote:
On Mar 27, 3:59 pm, " A Mate" wrote:
Thank you, George - so sharp!

The OP??? Doubt it!

I knew what the OP meant. BUT! I am chronically so annoyed by ignorant
posters who are discourteous in the extreme, in that they NEVER proof read
their garbage!

My personal recommendation - The Majestic Station Hotel!

Plenty of parking. The ride up to the accommodation in the ancient lift is
worth the price alone! BUT - do NOT eat there!!

Brilliant old, wide verandah, colonial fans and all.

Do, however steer clear of the 'standard rooms' immediately above the
platform.

George - I answered only because of you, whose posts I respect and enjoy!!

An aside!! I like Ipoh; but it's not an easy city to move around without
wheels. Rent a car!

There's not much in the way of real inquiries on r.t.a unfortunately
these days, thanks to the spammers. (Olympic homestays, what a joke!)

So it's good to get a real one, however poorly phrased (and how
ungrateful the OP might turn out to be!)

On this topic, I'm constantly disappointed by Malaysian hotels. The
Heritage Station Hotel in KL is a mess, full of noisy backpackers,
while the alternatives seem to be sterile upmarket business hotels.

I'll keep an eye out for recommendations for hotels with character as
I'd like to see more of the country while I'm in this region, like
Penang, Camerons and Sabah/Sarawak.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

There couple of inn and hotel in heart of Ipoh, near the local chinese
coffee shop serving dim sum and shops for wedding services. You can find
a couple of 2 and 3 star hotel that is good for sleeping and convenient
access to taxi and good Ipoh food.
Try grand view hotel. # Theme: Hotel/Inn Juar good for sleeping.
# Price: US$20-40
# # Address: 36, Jalan Horley,30300 Ipoh
# Phone: 05 243 1488
Old March 31st, 2008, 09:49 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Broomer

On Mar 31, 12:52*pm, wrote:
grusl wrote:
On Mar 27, 3:59 pm, " A Mate" wrote:
[...]

# Phone: 05 243 1488- Hide quoted text -

I will. Honestly, I'm too worried about the dollars however at the
same time, I'm not game to spend top dollars on a crap hotel.

This is good. I'll give Grand view a look.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ka.
Old April 1st, 2008, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
nick chan

malaysia cheap hotels is a mess
but their 5 star hotels are the best i've stayed

Old April 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Broomer

On Apr 1, 12:42*pm, nick chan wrote:
malaysia cheap hotels is a mess
but their 5 star hotels are the best i've stayed

Cool. Which one did you stay at?
We were at the Mandarin Oriental in KL and we were very impressed.
So if there's one like that of the same standard there, I'm game.

Thanks Nick.

Take care,

Ka
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
nick chan

i've stayed at millenium hotel (former Regent Hotel) and New world
hotel (adjoining Renaissance) both in KL

i requested for extra towels at new world, they brought it with sweets
and flowers on the towels

one of my favourite hotels to stay in this world is Holiday Villa
subang jaya (KL Suburb). soooooooo serene, has so much character!

though not in same league as mandarin hotel ! generally malaysia's 5
star hotel customer service are superior

Old April 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Broomer

Mate no complaints. Hotel service in KL is very good. The added bonus
is good grasp of English.
Might suggest New world for our next trip in KL. Wife's got friends
and family there, and well, don't see much point saving up the annual
leave. No point these days.

Anyway, thanks to all for those who contributed, I've got a much
better idea what to prep for. I really do appreciate it.

BTW, out of all the hotels I've stayed in and I've stayed at a few,
Mandarin Oriental has THE best breakfast out of them.

Kind regards,

Ka Kwok

On Apr 1, 7:55*pm, Broomer wrote:

On Apr 1, 12:42*pm, nick chan wrote:

malaysia cheap hotels is a mess
but their 5 star hotels are the best i've stayed

Cool. Which one did you stay at?
We were at the Mandarin Oriental in KL and we were very impressed.
So if there's one like that of the same standard there, I'm game.

Thanks Nick.

Take care,

Ka- Hide quoted text -