Want proof that car-free cities are on the horizon?

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:24 AM
alohacyberian

Default Want proof that car-free cities are on the horizon?

"Jack May" wrote in message
"George Conklin" wrote in message
nk.net...

I guess God is anti-car. He wants us all to ride an ass.

Of course not, the Bible clearly says about the money changers in the

temple
that -- he drove them out in his Fury :-)

It also says Joseph travelled to Bethlehem and Mary rode his ass all the way.
KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old May 31st, 2004, 05:24 PM
tbondhus

"Karl Johanson" wrote in message news:n7enc.419447$Ig.66889@pd7tw2no...
"tbondhus" wrote in message

And yes, I do have scientific proof of the existence of God. Nothing
crackpot about it.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is the scientific method?

Karl Johanson

I feel so sorry for people who get hung up on the concept of proof by
scientific method. If one truely believes that stuff, one would not
accept
any form of proof, one would not even accept proof of their own
existance.
That's where the whole "existancializm" crap came from. I have
accepted the
proof of our existance.

Proof, is proof as considered acceptable in court, not in some egg
heads
brain. I live in the real world. My concept of science, is real world
science,
either it works or it doesn't work. I'm an engineer, if I don't know
what I'm
talking about, I'm in trouble. This is a huge contrast from the world
of the
theoritical scientist, where it makes no difference if a theory is
correct or
not, only if the people buy it. Many theortical scientists live in a
world of
complete fiction.

As an typical example, the movie The Day After Tomorrow, where the air
came down from the upper atmosphere. A theoritical scientist would
think... "well, the air up there is -200 degrees or whatever... if it
came down to the ground it'd freeze everything. A good engineer
instantly knows that temperature and pressure go together. If the air
come down to the ground, it would have higher pressure and therefore
much higher temperature.

Tony
Old May 31st, 2004, 05:45 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Default Want proof that car-free cities are NOT on the horizon?

A good proof that car free cities are not on the horizon is contained in
the spending plans of the transport departments of the various US
states. It's certainly not scientific but the spending plans are good
proof.