Nairobi airport

Old May 27th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Kennet og Pernille

Default Nairobi airport

Hi

Can I check in all the way from Mombasa to Amsterdam on tickets bought at
two different locations and times? If not, how long time does it take to get
out of the plane in Nairobi and check in for the Amsterdam leg?

Kennet

så er vi klar til Afrika.....
læs www.pernille-kennet.dk
stedet med de mange rejsebeskrivelser

Old May 27th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Liz

In message
"Kennet og Pernille" wrote:

Hi

Can I check in all the way from Mombasa to Amsterdam on tickets bought at
two different locations and times? If not, how long time does it take to get
out of the plane in Nairobi and check in for the Amsterdam leg?

Almost certainly yes, if it's the same airline, or a linked airline.
If not you might need to be more specific about your airlines.
(Or ask the airlines?)

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos

Old May 27th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Kennet og Pernille" wrote:

Hi

Can I check in all the way from Mombasa to Amsterdam on tickets bought at
two different locations and times? If not, how long time does it take to get
out of the plane in Nairobi and check in for the Amsterdam leg?

ypu have to change terminals. There's a domestic and international
terminal. I'd allow at least 1 1/2 hours due to security check before
checkin at the int'l terminal (can be long and slow)

Old May 28th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Kennet og Pernille

" Almost certainly yes, if it's the same airline, or a linked airline.
If not you might need to be more specific about your airlines.
(Or ask the airlines?)

It is Kenya Airlines. I have tried to mail them, but have not received an
answer. The office in Denmark is very small and do not sell tickets. Hence,
they can not give any info. I have bought the ticket from Nairobi to Billund
via Amsterdam through a travel agent, and the Mombasa-Nairobi ticket on the
net on KA own webside.

Kennet

Old May 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM
T S Skogvold

On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:56:42 +0200, "Kennet og Pernille"
wrote:

Hi

Can I check in all the way from Mombasa to Amsterdam on tickets bought at
two different locations and times? If not, how long time does it take to get
out of the plane in Nairobi and check in for the Amsterdam leg?

As different posters have said - you are able to do a 'through'
check-in in Mombasa if you are travelling wtihin the KLM alliance
(which you have confirmed in a different post).

However there is no 'transfer' check-in, so you will have to queue
through security upon entering the international terminal. These
queues can be long so ensure that you have enough time..

Also, Kenya Airways have got an office in the UK, contact details
below. Country code when calling the UK is +44:

Reservations Team
t. 01784 888222 f. 01784 888299
e.
Kenya Airways, Bedfont Road, London-Heathrow Airport
Staines, Middlesex TW19 7NL

--
Thomas