UK Citizen Visa Requirements for Zanzibar

Old September 1st, 2005, 04:44 PM
Squicker

Default UK Citizen Visa Requirements for Zanzibar

Hi

We're UK citizens on UK passports travelling to Zanzibar on 9th
September for 2 weeks for tourism only. What are the definitive Visa
requirements please? Do we have to obtain a Visa prior to leaving the
UK?

What are the requirements for yellow fever vaccination?

Keep getting different info on both these!

Thanks

Ben

Old September 1st, 2005, 05:40 PM

"We're UK citizens on UK passports travelling to Zanzibar on 9th
September for 2 weeks for tourism only. What are the definitive Visa
requirements please? Do we have to obtain a Visa prior to leaving the
UK? What are the requirements for yellow fever vaccination?"

Contact the Tanzanian embassy in London.

Old September 1st, 2005, 05:49 PM
Squicker

Duh, thanks. The number I have for the Embassy - 0207 569 1470 - is
never answered.

Thanks for the really helpful reply though.

Ben

Old September 1st, 2005, 08:29 PM
Whitedog

On 1 Sep 2005 09:49:51 -0700, "Squicker" wrote:

Duh, thanks. The number I have for the Embassy - 0207 569 1470 - is
never answered.

Thanks for the really helpful reply though.

Ben

http://tanzania.embassyhomepage.com/

Click the link to visa forms and get your visa here before you go, I
promise you, you'll be glad you did it and don't have to play the
usual Tanzanian nonsense game at the airport.
--
.--~~,__
:-....,-------`~~'._.'

Old September 2nd, 2005, 04:27 AM

On 1 Sep 2005 09:49:51 -0700, "Squicker" wrote:

Duh, thanks. The number I have for the Embassy - 0207 569 1470 - is
never answered.

definitely need a visa. go to www.embassyworld.com

hmm unfortunately the london high commisions web page is under
reconstructio so here's the embassy in france

http://amb-tanzanie.fr/article3.html
Old September 2nd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Whitedog

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:27:24 GMT, wrote:

On 1 Sep 2005 09:49:51 -0700, "Squicker" wrote:

Duh, thanks. The number I have for the Embassy - 0207 569 1470 - is
never answered.

definitely need a visa. go to
www.embassyworld.com

hmm unfortunately the london high commisions web page is under
reconstructio so here's the embassy in france

http://amb-tanzanie.fr/article3.html

From the uk site...

To request visa form by Post or Email, call our
Visa Form Request Line on
0906 782 7674
(24 Hours - calls charged at £1 per minute and last about 3 minutes)
Calls charged at Premium Rate to cover handling & postage costs.

--
.--~~,__
:-....,-------`~~'._.'

Old September 6th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Pat Anderson

In message .com,
Squicker writes
Thanks for all the info. I spoke to Trailfinders visa service and they
said you can get a visa on arrival in ZNZ now but there could be big
queues. I think I'll go into the consulate myself and get one this week
to be sure.

Ben

Ben,
I`ve just seen this thread. When we went to Zanzibar we had asked
Kuoni to get our visa but when we got there they hadn`t done it so we
just paid $50 I think it was, at the airport on Zanzibar. It only took
about ten minutes so as long as you have the correct fee ready you
should be fine. If you are near to the consulate you can get it there.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson