SGC2006 question

Old March 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default SGC2006 question

Everyboysmomma wrote:

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
om...

"Everyboysmomma" wrote in message
. ..

I've never been on one of the group cruises here, but I checked the
Princess web site and note that their rack rate is lower than the group
rate on the SGC2006 price. Is there something more included by booking
with the group?
Thanks
Momma

The date of the cruise determines the price in this case..However, for
that date we (SGC2006)are getting lower prices than others not with the
group.

--Jean

Then I must be reading some thing wrong.
On the SCG page, Through the Princess Page,
Interior $1182 Interior $1099
Oceanview $1407 Oceanview $1299
Balcony $1637 Balcony $1499
Mini Suite $1907 Mini Suite $1799

I'm not trying to cause any trouble, I am just a real shopper when it comes
to my vacation dollars. I get to take lots more of them by comparing and
shopping around.

Can anyone set me straight here?

I hope that I lined this up ok, it was very hard to follow. The
problem you are having comparing prices, is that the Princess prices
you are quoting to not include port charges, taxes or fees. You have
to continue as if you were booking to get the final price.

As far as the SGC prices go, I pulled out an old RTC post, if you
would like I can email you the entire post. Here is what it says about
the pricing on the SGC. "Here are the base Cruise Only rates. These
rates do include Port Charges but the do not include Taxes and Fees
which will add $133.50 per person."

As I said before, Cal, the travel agent for the SGC is the person who
can answer any of your questions.

sue

Old March 8th, 2006, 03:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Everyboysmomma" wrote in message
news
Then I must be reading some thing wrong.
On the SCG page, prices are as follows:
Interior $1182 Through the Princess Page Interior $1099
Oceanview $1407 " " " Oceanview
$1299
Balcony $1637 " " " Balcony
$1499
Mini Suite $1907 " " " Mini
Suite $1799

I'm not trying to cause any trouble, I am just a real shopper when it
comes to my vacation dollars. I get to take lots more of them by
comparing and shopping around.
Can anyone set me straight here?

Are you looking at the prices listed for departure on August 25, 2006? Also
may I ask which search engine you are using so that I can check it out to
answer you better? If those prices are in effect for the date above, our T/A
would adjust them.
Cal if you are reading this, HELP!
Thanks,

--Jean
-

Old March 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
[...]

Jean,

I think we were both answering Momma at the same time(grin). She was
looking at the Princess website for August 25th, but she only saw the
prices before Princess added all the fees.

This statement about SGC prices was in the RTC post that had all the
prices etc. Would it be possible for you to add this to the website?
"Here are the base Cruise Only rates. These rates do include Port
Charges but the do not include Taxes and Fees which will add $133.50
per person."

thanks,
sue

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
I think we were both answering Momma at the same time(grin). She was
looking at the Princess website for August 25th, but she only saw the
prices before Princess added all the fees.

This statement about SGC prices was in the RTC post that had all the
prices etc. Would it be possible for you to add this to the website?
"Here are the base Cruise Only rates. These rates do include Port Charges
but the do not include Taxes and Fees which will add $133.50 per person."

Sue, the prices are listed on the website...I need for Cal to send me the
tax reductions that have occurred since they were posted (according to
Sheree) before I change the SGC 2006 website prices.

--Jean

Old March 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

I think we were both answering Momma at the same time(grin). She was
looking at the Princess website for August 25th, but she only saw the
prices before Princess added all the fees.

This statement about SGC prices was in the RTC post that had all the
prices etc. Would it be possible for you to add this to the website?
"Here are the base Cruise Only rates. These rates do include Port Charges
but the do not include Taxes and Fees which will add $133.50 per person."

Sue, the prices are listed on the website...I need for Cal to send me the
tax reductions that have occurred since they were posted (according to
Sheree) before I change the SGC 2006 website prices.

Jean,

I know the prices are on the website, but I just checked and they are
the prices with port charges, but "without" the "taxes and fees".

sue
Old March 9th, 2006, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

and the taxes went down about $40pp

--
Sheree

Crown Princess 8/25/06