Which airlines charge for the first checked bag?

Old October 24th, 2008, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_2_]

Default Which airlines charge for the first checked bag?

On 10/23/2008 5:28 PM John Kulp did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:46:36 -0400, Brian
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:57:40 GMT, (John Kulp)
wrote:

Yeah, it's so well hidden that it's only been all over the news for
months now repeatedly and listed on every airline's website. That's
how hidden it is. Completely stupid. All these airlines have gone out
of their way to let passengers know about these charges.

You ready are quite tiresome and not at all helpful unlike others
here.

Anybody so stupid as to A.not know about these charges, B. can't
figure out how to look at an airline website to find them and C.
expects everyone to agree with their stupid views that companies
should give away their products and services and, thereby, go bankrupt
doesn't deserve help. They just idiots who deserve to be told just
that.

I guess you've never heard, "Honesty without kindness is not honesty at
all."

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:32:51 -0700, Mimi wrote:
Don't they give you water? That should prevent dehydration. Better than a
cola, which will have the opposite effect.

$2 a bottle. Unless you want to drink out of the sink in the lavatory.

Think twice about the airline water:
http://www.mindfully.org/Water/Airli...fety1nov02.htm

Old October 24th, 2008, 02:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:30:05 GMT, (John Kulp)
wrote:

Colmpletely ignorant about sunk costs too aren't you? Pay them $255
for the fare and they'll be glad to give it to you genius.

Bye bye.

Old October 24th, 2008, 05:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

AZ Nomad wrote:

AFAIK, only usairways is charging for a can of soda. I find it hard to
fathom how an airline that has collected $250 can't provide a 25 cent
can of soda. It costs them several bucks to collect that $2 can of
soda in labor.

I was on U.S. Air last month. They're selling very, very, few drinks,
even the $1 drinks like coffee. So it's not that they're making $1.75 a
can on soda, they're saving about 20¢ x 150 people on each flight (half
a can of soda plus the cost of the ice, the cup, the napkin, etc. That
was the real intent of the fee.

A lot of these fees aren't implemented to make money from people paying
the fees, they're implemented to get people to stop doing whatever it is
that would incur the fee in the first place. If people stop taking
checked luggage, the airline can sell that cargo space to freight
companies or to the U.S. mail, etc.
Old October 24th, 2008, 06:04 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:19:07 -0700, SMS wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

[...]

Why stop there? They could rip out the seats, turn off the cabin
pressure, and ship everybody like cattle. That would sure help their
prices become "competitive"

And I'll never know. I'll stick to airlines that don't despise their
customers so much.
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
John Kulp

AZ Nomad wrote:

[...]

Getting rid of idiots like you would make the whole trip more
pleasurable as well.

And I'll never know. I'll stick to airlines that don't despise their
customers so much.

That's for sure. You'll never know. Have you seen all the airline
ads trying to appeal to cheapskate idiots like you?
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

AZ Nomad wrote:

[...]

Good greif man!! Don't give them any more ideas.

And I'll never know. I'll stick to airlines that don't despise their
customers so much.

There's not many more to choose from.

Old October 25th, 2008, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_3_]

AZ Nomad wrote:

[...]

Hello, welcome to the gracy fergussen storm door company and airline.
We save you money to avoiding such extravagances such as ...
maintenance.
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

wrote:

Why stop there? They could rip out the seats, turn off the cabin
pressure, and ship everybody like cattle. That would sure help their
prices become "competitive"

I suspect there are some regulations about this.

And I'll never know. I'll stick to airlines that don't despise their
customers so much.

Those are getting fewer and fewer. And they don't always fly where
people need to go.

Old October 25th, 2008, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

AZ Nomad wrote:

[...]

There is always the Grace L Ferguson Airline (and Storm Door
Company).

First class get their own straps in the ceiling to support
themselves.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Two Indian Hotels: to Sleep, Perchance...