Want proof that car-free cities are on the horizon?

Old April 25th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Joey Jolley

Default Want proof that car-free cities are on the horizon?

Check this website from an expert on the subject:
http://www.conceivia.com/environment.htm
Old April 25th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Hank Tiffany

On 25 Apr 2004, Joey Jolley wrote:

Check this website from an expert on the subject:
http://www.conceivia.com/environment.htm

I hate to rain on your parade but websites & papers from "experts",
both pro & con, are a dime-a-dozen on this. it is really more of a
religious question once you get out to such extremes[1], IE: Faith
Shall Set Ye Free.

Hank

[1] Extremes == "All Cars Will Vanish From Cities" == "All Transit
Will Vanish From Cities"

--
Hitler, he only had one ball/Goering, had two but they were small
Himmler, was very simmlar/But poor old Goebbels had no balls at all

Old April 25th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Jack May

"Hank Tiffany" wrote in message
On 25 Apr 2004, Joey Jolley wrote:

Check this website from an expert on the subject:
http://www.conceivia.com/environment.htm

I hate to rain on your parade but websites & papers from "experts",
both pro & con, are a dime-a-dozen on this. it is really more of a
religious question once you get out to such extremes[1], IE: Faith
Shall Set Ye Free.

The funny part is that under the transportation button it even says

"When it comes to commuting to work it is obvious that individual cars is
best."

Old April 26th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Enough Already

(Joey Jolley) wrote in message . com...

Check this website from an expert on the subject:
http://www.conceivia.com/environment.htm

He claims to have scientific proof of the existence of God (first
crackpot sign) and pushes undefined miracle technologies as a solution
to basic human overcrowding.

Next, please!

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.
Old April 30th, 2004, 12:38 PM
tbondhus

(Enough Already) wrote in message . com...
(Joey Jolley) wrote in message . com...

Check this website from an expert on the subject:
http://www.conceivia.com/environment.htm

He claims to have scientific proof of the existence of God (first
crackpot sign) and pushes undefined miracle technologies as a solution
to basic human overcrowding.

Next, please!

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

Oh come on people!!! Yes, I said individual cars are best, but I
further clarified that individual computer controlled electric cars,
enclosed indoors. This creates extreme efficiency, speed, safety, and
comfort. It's basically like riding an elevator, except it goes
sideways.

I live in an area where approximately a one city block area has about
10,000 people. It does not feel as crowded here as it does in a
typical small town in America with 1000 people, or about 50 or so in a
city block. In fact, it is down right comfortable here. The reason is
a good mass transit system. They use van size buses, which follow a
route and you wave them down like a taxi.

The road out front of our building is 4 lanes, and traffic is quite
mild. If everyone here drove individual cars, I calculated that it
would be about 12 lanes with heavy traffic, which would occupy the
whole park like area in front of this building.

In back of this building, there's maybe a car per hour. It feels very
much park like. Very comfortable.

It's quite simple, once someone builds a car free city, the whole
world will know that they are far superior, and people will begin
migrating towards them, and the nasty cities we have now will either
switch or vanish.

And yes, I do have scientific proof of the existence of God. Nothing
crackpot about it. And "undefined miracle technologies"??? Nothing
undefined or miracle, about it. I push only existing technology. Sorry
if you didn't understand it, but since your thinking "first crackpot
sign" one can only assume that you probably didn't read hardly any of
it.

There is no way that you can expect to understand it, if you don't
read it. Even if I am the best writer in the world (which I am not),
it doesn't help, 'cause you have made your decision without bothering
to read.

It's probably the most condenced information on the planet, and even
so its to much for you to read....

Oh yea, I didn't claim to be an "expert on the subject", that is what
Joey Jolley called me.

Tony

http://www.conceivia.com/antpower/gaia_greek_god.htm
http://www.conceivia.com/environment.htm
Old April 30th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Kamus of Kadizhar

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 04:38:56 -0700, tbondhus wrote:

I live in an area where approximately a one city block area has about
10,000 people. It does not feel as crowded here as it does in a
typical small town in America with 1000 people, or about 50 or so in a
city block. In fact, it is down right comfortable here. The reason is
a good mass transit system. They use van size buses, which follow a
route and you wave them down like a taxi.

And "here" would be where exactly? Since this place exists, please clue
us in so we can see it for ourselves.

--Kamus
Old April 30th, 2004, 01:49 PM

I live in an area where approximately a one city block area has about
10,000 people

What city is this Tony?

And I think your ideas have a lot of merit

Old April 30th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Miguel Cruz

wrote:
I live in an area where approximately a one city block area has about
10,000 people

What city is this Tony?

Perhaps in the Ukraine somewhere?

miguel

Old May 1st, 2004, 12:00 AM
Jack May

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
I live in an area where approximately a one city block area has about
10,000 people

What city is this Tony?

Perhaps in the Ukraine somewhere?

Maybe Hong Kong where they have large high rise apartment buildings crowded
together in a small space.