SGC2006 question

Old March 7th, 2006, 08:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default SGC2006 question

I've never been on one of the group cruises here, but I checked the Princess
web site and note that their rack rate is lower than the group rate on the
SGC2006 price. Is there something more included by booking with the group?
Thanks
Momma

Old March 7th, 2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Everyboysmomma wrote:
I've never been on one of the group cruises here, but I checked the Princess
web site and note that their rack rate is lower than the group rate on the
SGC2006 price. Is there something more included by booking with the group?

I haven't looked at the Princess website, but have looked at pricing
on travelocity which I use as a benchmark and the SGC2006 prices are
less then those on travelocity. The last time I looked was a week or
so ago. On the SGC2006 site are you looking at the "double" rates,
that is the cost per person with two people in the cabin.

http://www.geocities.com/job1930/sgc2006.htm

sue
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Everyboysmomma wrote:
I've never been on one of the group cruises here, but I checked the
Princess web site and note that their rack rate is lower than the group
rate on the SGC2006 price. Is there something more included by booking
with the group?

I haven't looked at the Princess website, but have looked at pricing on
travelocity which I use as a benchmark and the SGC2006 prices are less
then those on travelocity. The last time I looked was a week or so ago. On
the SGC2006 site are you looking at the "double" rates, that is the cost
per person with two people in the cabin.

http://www.geocities.com/job1930/sgc2006.htm

sue

Thanks Sue
Does that mean that the pricing on the SGC page is per cabin?
Momma

Old March 7th, 2006, 09:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Everyboysmomma wrote:

I've never been on one of the group cruises here, but I checked the
Princess web site and note that their rack rate is lower than the group
rate on the SGC2006 price. Is there something more included by booking
with the group?

I haven't looked at the Princess website, but have looked at pricing on
travelocity which I use as a benchmark and the SGC2006 prices are less
then those on travelocity. The last time I looked was a week or so ago. On
the SGC2006 site are you looking at the "double" rates, that is the cost
per person with two people in the cabin.

http://www.geocities.com/job1930/sgc2006.htm

sue

Thanks Sue
Does that mean that the pricing on the SGC page is per cabin?

STATEROOM DESCRIPTIONS
Cabin Category Rates (Double) Rates (Single)
AB-Mini Suite Balcony $2007 $4014

Just taking the first category as an example! It would cost $2007 per
person if there are two people in a cabin. It would cost $4014 per
person if someone is traveling alone, as the only person in the cabin.

I forget if the prices on the website inclued port taxes etc. If you
don't get the answers you need here, give Cal a call. He is the TA who
put together this cruise and can answer all your questions.

sue
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

i check rates on various sites, including princess. sgc rates have always
been and still are lower.

princess is per person, so double it plus taxes

--
Sheree

Crown Princess 8/25/06

Old March 7th, 2006, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Everyboysmomma" wrote in message
I've never been on one of the group cruises here, but I checked the
Princess web site and note that their rack rate is lower than the group
rate on the SGC2006 price. Is there something more included by booking
with the group?
Thanks
Momma

The date of the cruise determines the price in this case..However, for that
date we (SGC2006)are getting lower prices than others not with the group.

--Jean

Old March 7th, 2006, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"sheree" wrote in message
double occ is per person with 2 in the cabin, single occ is for one person
in the cabin. our taxes went down and i'm not sure if the website was
updated to reflect that

If you let me know the new prices since the tax reductions, I will be happy
to change them on the website, Sheree.

--Jean

http://www.geocities.com/job1930/sgc2006.htm

Old March 8th, 2006, 02:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
om...

"Everyboysmomma" wrote in message
I've never been on one of the group cruises here, but I checked the
Princess web site and note that their rack rate is lower than the group
rate on the SGC2006 price. Is there something more included by booking
with the group?
Thanks
Momma

The date of the cruise determines the price in this case..However, for
that date we (SGC2006)are getting lower prices than others not with the
group.

--Jean

Then I must be reading some thing wrong.
On the SCG page, prices are as follows:
Interior $1182 Through the Princess Page Interior $1099
Oceanview $1407 " " " Oceanview
$1299
Balcony $1637 " " " Balcony
$1499
Mini Suite $1907 " " " Mini
Suite $1799

I'm not trying to cause any trouble, I am just a real shopper when it comes
to my vacation dollars. I get to take lots more of them by comparing and
shopping around.
Can anyone set me straight here?
Thanks again
Momma