Carnival Vacation Club - The Twilight Zone

Old March 9th, 2006, 05:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Carnival Vacation Club - The Twilight Zone

This will be my first cruise without receiving tickets.

Carnival Vacation Club told me last week they had been mailed out by
FEDEX.
When I did not get them after 3 days I called them again and asked for
a tracking number.
They did not have one. I was then told that they had been mailed out
from Carnival to
their office in Phoenix and they had not arrived and must be presumed
lost. Now I have no
tickets - which I can live with because the Fun Pass is supposed to do
the trick. However
I have just realized I also have no VIP tags for luggage - hopefully I
can get these in Miami
before boarding Carnival Valor.

This just does not have the hallmark of VIP service - lost tickets - no
VIP tags and prices
that seem more than what can be had on the open market. On our last
cruise to Alaska
Carnival Vacation Club did have a get together with some good food.
Unfortunately it was held immediately after the evening dinner - so 99%
of the food went untouched. CVC has a website that offers no
information about your booking. One logs in - then you have exactly the
same information as any one else. No good calling Carnival itself to
try to find out any information - it is as if one is from a banished
tribe. Carnival said - "Oh no - we can't answer any questions you have
- you have to contact CVC directly". I asked "Can you at least confirm
that I have a cabin 8C-8217" - Answer - "Sorry, we cannot even see your
booking so we cannot answer questions about it". After escalating to a
supervisor I did finally squeeze out that that was my cabin number -
hardly VIP service.

So if you want to vanish into the twilight zone just join Carnival
Vacation Club and have no tickets - no VIP luggage tags - no
information - and be told tall sea yarns about FEDEX mailings. The CVC
Phoenix office seems a long way away from any ocean or port - could
this be the problem in that they never actually see a ship or the sea?

No more CVC for us.

Old March 9th, 2006, 05:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

My clients ALMOST fell for the CVC ... It is very important that you
book with CARNIVAL and NOT the vacation club to get the BEST a travel
expert is always best!