car rental in NZ

Old February 2nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Geodyne

Default car rental in NZ

"shakefly" wrote in
:

I am checking out car rental in NZ (South Island) for April on the
internet and noticed that the best price I see is around NZ$39 per day
excluding insurance.
Is this about the best price there is or can I get better prices
walking into a car rental operation at Christchurch airport?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

That's the best price you can get, IME.

For that price you will be getting a second-hand car imported from Japan,
not a new car.

Geodyne

Old February 3rd, 2005, 07:43 AM
Neil Raines

Christchurch Airport is definitely NOT the best place to get a cheap deal.
Like all airports, the rental car companies have to pay megabucks for the
right to set up shop at the airport. The cheaper operations are based off
airport and will offer to meet you at the airport.

Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:28 PM
shakefly

Hi Neil

Would you know the names of some of these companies?
Thanks!

Old February 3rd, 2005, 06:58 PM

"shakefly" wrote in message
I am checking out car rental in NZ (South Island) for April on the

internet
and noticed that the best price I see is around NZ$39 per day excluding
insurance.
Is this about the best price there is or can I get better prices walking
into a car rental operation at Christchurch airport?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

try:
http://www.yellowpages.co.nz/quick/s...26&search.y=17

This is yellow pages but has many links to rental car websites.

Cath
Old February 4th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Freda

Try Ace rentals for one