Curious about Australia

Old February 6th, 2005, 06:46 PM

Default Curious about Australia

Australia has been my dream destination for as long as I can remember.
Recently I have been considering the opportunity of attending the
University of Western Sydney. The College I'm currently attending,
offers a joint program with Sydney, where I could further obtain my
degree. If anyone could offer me any information regarding the
University, or accomodations near it, that would be great. Thanks for
the help.

Old February 6th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Geoff Lillico

The University of Western Sydney is a multi-campus one. Do you know the
location of the one you might attend?

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

oups.com...

Old February 6th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Jogeir Halland

The University of Western is not the University in Sydney which is
highest regarded. They now have big financial problems and are cutting
down on everything.

They have some very good courses. For example robotics which I am
studying on the Penrith campus. But generally you should check the
possibility to attend a different university in Sydney.

If you end up in Paramatta campus you are fairly close to the City, but
if you are really unlucky you can end up more than 1.30 h from the City.

Old February 6th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Jogeir Halland

Anyway... When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what university as
long as you get there. Just go ! It is worth it anyway.

Just don't hang to much with all the others Canadians you meet there
(there is after my taste to many of them)
The reason for this is that they complain all the time and only focusing
on the negative things.

Old February 7th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Ken Pisichko

Jogeir Halland wrote:

Just don't hang to much with all the others Canadians you meet there
(there is after my taste to many of them)
The reason for this is that they complain all the time and only focusing
on the negative things.

Oh come now!! Don't be so harsh on 30 million Canadians - of whom you have
only been exposed to a small (and obviously spurious) sample of perhaps 2.
;-)

Don't dismiss Canadians in general, nor me in particular. This Canuck lived
in OZ in 1971-72 and visited in 1985 - brought my Canadian wife with me. I
have written about my travels in OZ - always accentuating the positive. As a
Canadian taxpayer I figure I can spend my money and energies on whatever I
want.

I believe in Canuck-OZ trade and in fact import OZ sporting equipment into
Canada. It has been more beneficial for the OZ manufacturer than you can
imagine!

Time to take my boys to OZ on a 2 month bicycling trip. They want to spend
WEEKS surfing! Fancy that!! And here I thought I'd be exposing them to
another wonder of the world - but first to do the Savannah Way by bicycle
and do some fishing and viewing of the landscape and locals - done at 20
km/hr and slower.

***** Note, this is NOT a complaint!! :-)

The only complaint I have is that I found out about the Tsunami benefit
concert in Melbourne (Feb 27th) last night - too late to make any
arrangements to see and hear the re-incarnated Daddy Cool. Not THAT is a
COMPLAINT!!!

Old February 7th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Geodyne

Ken Pisichko wrote in :

Jogeir Halland wrote:

Just don't hang to much with all the others Canadians you meet there
(there is after my taste to many of them)
The reason for this is that they complain all the time and only
focusing on the negative things.

Oh come now!! Don't be so harsh on 30 million Canadians - of whom you
have only been exposed to a small (and obviously spurious) sample of
perhaps 2. ;-)

Agreed. I've met an awful lot of Canadians in my time, and only met one
I didn't like.

People are people, the world over. Some are wonderful, some are best
avoided. Where they come from simply isn't the issue.

Geodyne
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Mike McBain

It's all at www.uws.edu.au.