Photo opportunities on Melbourne and surrounding area?

Old February 3rd, 2005, 11:41 AM
Daniel Bowen

"Jack" wrote in message
what's that awful building called?

I'm guessing you mean Federation Square?

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
Email: dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Old February 3rd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Daniel Bowen

"William South" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm mainly interested in unusual archetecture. Typical old Victorian
buildings as well as the new stuff.

There's plenty of contrasting styles in the CBD/downtown area. Also be sure
to check the Melbourne Museum, just outside the CBD.

Try this web site, it has a lot of information on different architecture
around Melbourne:
http://www.walkingmelbourne.com/

Do you get street performers in Melbourne? They usually make a good
photograph.

Usually some in the Bourke Street Mall, around the Victoria Market, and at
South Bank.

I'm hoping to get up to Ballerat too, but I'm not sure if it's going to
be worth the drive. I've seen a few pictures of old wild west style
buildings

Ballarat and Bendigo and other towns in that area would have plenty of gold
rush era architecture, yeah.

Daniel

Old February 3rd, 2005, 12:20 PM
Lyn

Yarra River flooding banks, cars floating down roads, pedestrians jumping
through puddles ... lots of interesting things to shoot in a Melbourne
summer!

"AlmostBob" wrote in message
Treasury Gardens at sunset, to pic the possums as they come down from the
trees
--
Ever wonder why evian Water
is $3 for a half litre,

spell Evian backwards
_
"William South" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I'll be in Melbourne in February. I'm a keen photographer and will
be taking my camera equipment.

I have a few ideas of what I'd like to get a photograph of while I'm
there.

Can you suggest some photogenic places that might not be obvious to a
tourist?

Thanks

Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:40 PM
Andrew Venor

William South wrote:
Thanks for those suggestions.

I'm mainly interested in unusual archetecture. Typical old Victorian
buildings as well as the new stuff.

The last time I was in Melbourne I stayed at the Gordon Place Hotel on
Little Bourke St. And while it wasn't in 100% original condition, I
thought was an interesting bit old Victorian architecture to photograph.

I'd also suggest walking around the CBD and check out some of the
Victorian era shopping arcades as well. Along with the Flinders St.
station and the old city jail.

As for newer architecture, I can't think of anything newer looking than
the art museum in Federation Square.

ALV