Travelling to OZ and NZ from mid-april to the end of may

Old February 11th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Nataly

Default Travelling to OZ and NZ from mid-april to the end of may

Hello all,

I've just discover this newsgroup and it's a mine of information, thank you
to all of those who are answering :0)

I've always been attracted to New-Zealand and i'd like to stop dreaming and
start acting, so i've decided to travel to NZ this year (when i've decided
something, i don't like to wait ;0).
I would have like to travel in february and march as the weather would have
been good and holidays would have been over (from what i've read about), but
unfortunately the friend with who i'm gonna travel can't take holidays at
this time.
So the earlier we could go is from mid-april, we would take 5 weeks : one
week in OZ, 3 weeks in NZ and the last week in Polynesia.
Do you think that it would be a bad idea to travel in NZ and OZ during this
time of the year?
What about the weather? Would it be too rainy to spend so much money in such
a travel?
It will be my first travel abroad, and it's gonna cost me a lot (i'll be
ruined but i prefer to make the most of my money than save it ;0), so i
wouldn't like to make it wrong just because i'm impatient, and i will then
maybe do it next year in february/march.
What do you think about that?

Do you know websites where i could find the weather of the last years, day
by day (i've found that for France)? It would give me an idea of the weather
during those months.

Thank you, and all my apologies in advance for all the questions than i'll
post if i do this travel : i'm a question machine ;0)

Nataly

Old February 11th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Dave Friedenberg

See http://www.wunderground.com
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Nataly

"Dave Friedenberg" a écrit :
See http://www.wunderground.com

Great, thank you a lot :0)

Nataly

Old February 11th, 2005, 07:46 PM
David Bennetts

wunderground is garbage for Australian forecasts - totally inaccurate.

For climatic averages worldwide go to www.weatherbase.com
Rather than day by day you just want monthly averages to give you a clear
picture of what to expect.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 12th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Nataly" wrote in message
Hello all,

SNIP
So the earlier we could go is from mid-april, we would take 5 weeks : one
week in OZ, 3 weeks in NZ and the last week in Polynesia.

Do you have any idea how large Oz is?
1 week only in Oz is a waste of your money.
Seeing as you appear to be most interested in NZ why not spend another week
there instead of Oz.
My daughter has just spent 3 weeks in NZ and reported back that there was so
much more to see.

Not that you shouldn't ever come here! But I suggest you leave that for a
next trip and then plan your stay here using the advice available on this
newsgroup.
BTW when you do come don't forhet Western Australia!

Gerrit - Oz

Old February 12th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Nataly

"David Bennetts" a écrit :
wunderground is garbage for Australian forecasts - totally inaccurate.

You mean that the datas are wrong?

For climatic averages worldwide go to www.weatherbase.com
Rather than day by day you just want monthly averages to give you a clear
picture of what to expect.

I prefer day by day weather, it is more "realistic" than average, but thank
you for the link :0)

Nataly

Old February 12th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Scotty

Theres many many sites that have good forecasts in Oz,
http://www.bom.gov.au/ is one of the best.
Apologies if Im way out of what ya want as didnt see rest of thread.

Old February 13th, 2005, 04:38 AM
David Bennetts

"Nataly" wrote in message
"David Bennetts" a écrit :
wunderground is garbage for Australian forecasts - totally inaccurate.

You mean that the datas are wrong?

No I don't go by their forecasts (predictions), they try to forecast too far
ahead, and some of their predictions are way out, they've often forecast
extreme temperatures which are below the lowest records for Sydney for
example.

I looked up the averages for Sydney on that site, and data is not available.
So the climate data isn't wrong, just missing. For Sydney? they must be
joking!

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 13th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Gerrit 't Hart

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

Gerrit

See the following, I don't know if you guess whose itinerary this is:

February 28: Arrive in Perth.

 March 1: Perth.

 March 2: Alice Springs to meet Aboriginal artists.

 March 3: Melbourne.

 March 4: Sydney.

 March 4: Canberra for official reception at Government House. Prime
Minister and Governor-General to attend official dinner.

 March 5: Visit rural property outside Canberra before leaving for New
Zealand.

He's even visiting Western Australia in less than a week. The royalists

in
Queensland will have their noses out of joint.

Regards

David Bennetts

March 5 - I thought he already has a horse? ;-)

Other than that royal visits are always rediculously short and the royals
don't really see/experience the country.

I don't think I will stand at the roadside waving. Maybe someone will kiss
him in the surf at Cott.

Gerrit

Old February 13th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Nataly

"Scotty" a écrit :
Theres many many sites that have good forecasts in Oz,
http://www.bom.gov.au/ is one of the best.
Apologies if Im way out of what ya want as didnt see rest of thread.

I was searching for website where i could find day by day weather of the
last years.
I'm gonnalook on this site thank you :0)

But well i was first asking for advices about travelling during april and
may in NZ.
We have finally decided that one week in OZ was not enought and so we will
spend 4 weeks in NZ, and will come back one day for a full OZ trip :0)

Nataly