Americans and their treatment of Canadians

Old April 27th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Haximus

Default Americans and their respect of non-Americans

"JMC" wrote in message
. ..
Canadian citizen, traveling from Switzerland to Canada via the USA, with a
valid Canadian passport. Arrested for no valid reason. Held in jail for 2
weeks. An deported to a country where torture is the norm.

America, The land of the Free?

It's the penalty for not having blue eyes and blond hair

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:38 PM
America the beautiful

Default Americans and their treatment of Canadians

Ernest Siu wrote:
What facts?

And you have evidence of your allegations?

But it's your allegations.

My common knowledge that terrorist lie through their teeth leads me to
believe that its most likely bull**** - especially when presented from a
left wing Newsgroup Canadian nutcase. Other then your apparent
gullibleness to any story of American war controversy, what makes you
think the source is correct? After all, you claim to be the type to dig
into the dirt of the story, so surly you must be able to do some
investigative reporting. As we say in the States "Chop chop".

Hmm... CNN, CBS, 60 Minutes, BBC are all left wing Canadian nutcase?
That's news to me.

I was referring to the poster I was replying to. Funny how you didn't
notice that. Anyway, the news reported the deaths but they said that
witnesses ASSUMED is was US troops.

It's not that everybody else took every single
words he said on the face value, but it seems to me that you are
taking it as nothing but total fabrication.

Fabrications are the trademark of you left wing nutcases.

Maybe CNN, CBS..etc. are
into tabloid business?

Nah, just you are.

Or you're just so much smarter than all of the
journalists over there?

Now you're getting a clue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in594974.shtml

Just a claim from a terrorist about the US because of what he claims
another country did to him. Figures. Next.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0.../i_ins.00.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/arar/

http://911review.org/Wiki/Arar,Maher.shtml

Just a claim from a terrorist about the US because of what he claims
another country did to him. Figures. Next.

Gee, I wonder what this guy tortured by the Syrians has anything to do
to with the 12 year old that the Iraqis killed?

--
Chris F
Long Island, USA.

Pizza Express Man and his cat Gayrab.
http://www.geocities.com/libassbug/expressman.jpg

http://****france.com/
http://www.fark.com/

My very own impersonation of somebody here in antu. See if you can guess
who it is.
http://www.geocities.com/libassbug/nicedoggie.wav

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:45 PM
America the beautiful

Dave Smith wrote:

America the beautiful wrote:

The US media is also full of information - some correct and some just plain
wrong!! I still have the letter i e-mailed to the NY Times about some WRONG
information about Canadian soldiers going to Haiti.

I heard of the possibility of Canada sending some peace keepers.

Gawd, I hope not. I don't want to help pay the bill or have my fellow countrymen in
peril to clean up a created by Bush.

I believed we cleaned it up all ready. Besides, you need a military for
peace keeping.

Then of course there was all that false information about the 9/11 terrorists
entering the USA through Canada.

Whoa! Hold on there. We never said the 9/11 terrorists entering the USA
through Canada, we said it was a *possibility* and we need tighter
controls at the border.

There were several reports on 9/12 detailing how the terrorists had snuck in from
Canada the night before the attacks.

No, they detailed how they could have. And it was from congressmen, not
from the Bush administration.

Terrorists did try to enter Washington State to
dirty bomb the place, if you remember.

As I recall, it was just regular explosives. You must have high expectations of your
border security if you think that someone here had not dropped a dime on the guy as he
was headed to the border.

I understand he was alerted to us by your police force. It was dirty
bomb parts.

All we would have had him for here was possession of
explosives and false documents. It became a more serious matter when he entered the
US, and you guys would have more interest in him than we did.

Of course, he was leaving your country to bomb ours.

Maybe you should get a grip on suggestions that the USA is
indiscriminately killing innocent women and children. IF a terrorist
blows up a bus but says WE did, you are the type to publish it on Usenet
as fact.

He was probably referring to the "collateral damage" from bombing runs.

Actually he said we were killing children playing in the street.

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:46 PM
America the beautiful

JMC wrote:

Canadian citizen, traveling from Switzerland to Canada via the USA, with a
valid Canadian passport. Arrested for no valid reason. Held in jail for 2
weeks. An deported to a country where torture is the norm.

America, The land of the Free?

Right, we are free. Unless you are thinking the whole world is America.

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:47 PM
America the beautiful

Haximus wrote:

"JMC" wrote in message
. ..

Canadian citizen, traveling from Switzerland to Canada via the USA, with a
valid Canadian passport. Arrested for no valid reason. Held in jail for 2
weeks. An deported to a country where torture is the norm.

America, The land of the Free?

It's the penalty for not having blue eyes and blond hair

Are you saying we are racists?

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Haximus

It's the penalty for not having blue eyes and blond hair

Are you saying we are racists?

Does racial profiling count?

Old April 28th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Dave Smith

America the beautiful wrote:

Gawd, I hope not. I don't want to help pay the bill or have my fellow countrymen in
peril to clean up a created by Bush.

I believed we cleaned it up all ready. Besides, you need a military for
peace keeping.

You believed that did you? That would explain why the American soldiers are dying at an
increasing rate over there. Our soldiers have been peace keeping around the world for a
long time, and the only country who has ever tried to invade us is the US.

There were several reports on 9/12 detailing how the terrorists had snuck in from
Canada the night before the attacks.

No, they detailed how they could have. And it was from congressmen, not
from the Bush administration.

No. They did more than that. They claimed to have traced them to Canada.

I understand he was alerted to us by your police force. It was dirty
bomb parts.

It was "explosives", not a "dirty bomb".

All we would have had him for here was possession of
explosives and false documents. It became a more serious matter when he entered the
US, and you guys would have more interest in him than we did.

Of course, he was leaving your country to bomb ours.

Possession of explosives is not a major criminal offence. Smuggling them into the US to
commit a terrorist bombing is a much more serious matter. He was more if interest to the US
than he was to Canada, and he was apparently delivered to you. So you got to interrogate him
without having to go through all the extradition nonsense.

Old April 28th, 2004, 12:07 AM
nick

"America the beautiful"
dom_Fries wrote in
message

Hmm... CNN, CBS, 60 Minutes, BBC are all left wing Canadian nutcase?
That's news to me.

I was referring to the poster I was replying to.

What have I told you thick Americans about trying to troll the bright
Canadians?

Old April 28th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Bradly Wiebe

Dave Smith wrote:

America the beautiful wrote:

The US media is also full of information - some correct and some just plain
wrong!! I still have the letter i e-mailed to the NY Times about some WRONG
information about Canadian soldiers going to Haiti.

I heard of the possibility of Canada sending some peace keepers.

Gawd, I hope not. I don't want to help pay the bill or have my fellow countrymen in
peril to clean up a created by Bush.

I believed we cleaned it up all ready. Besides, you need a military for
peace keeping.

LOL good one The thieving liberal party that currently runs the Canadian government has
cut and slashed military spending for a decade. As a Canadian I am embarassed by what they
have done. Most Canadians are. Remember though, that even though we have a dismal
military, we still have more troops in Afghanistan than the US does. We are doing our
part.

Then of course there was all that false information about the 9/11 terrorists
entering the USA through Canada.

Whoa! Hold on there. We never said the 9/11 terrorists entering the USA
through Canada, we said it was a *possibility* and we need tighter
controls at the border.

There were several reports on 9/12 detailing how the terrorists had snuck in from
Canada the night before the attacks.

No, they detailed how they could have. And it was from congressmen, not
from the Bush administration.

Accusations and later denials, that seems to be the American way. It reminds me of that
power blackout when they also blamed Canada. No apologies either. Chris, you and I have
debated several times before, usually it is energetic but still respectfull. Sometimes we
agree, sometimes we agree to disagree, but on this one you are dead wrong.

The reports first said that they did come from Canada, period. The FBI even publicly
announced the very same. After later investigations it was found to be untrue.

From CNN.COM "Two of the hijackers apparently came to the United States from Nova Scotia,
Canada, crossing the border via a ferry to Bar Harbor, Maine, sources said."
http://edition.cnn.com/2001/US/09/12...ion.terrorism/

Two Maine police officers reported that two of them had crossed the border there, and that
hit international news like wildfire.
http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSAttack01091...retien-ap.html

"As many as five of the 19 men who attacked America with hijacked aircraft had sneaked over
the 3,987-mile border from Canada, according to reports last week." September 19, 2001
http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/0919/p3s1-woam.html

I could go on and on, but I think you see it now.

Terrorists did try to enter Washington State to
dirty bomb the place, if you remember.

As I recall, it was just regular explosives. You must have high expectations of your
border security if you think that someone here had not dropped a dime on the guy as he
was headed to the border.

I understand he was alerted to us by your police force. It was dirty
bomb parts.

The US was alerted by both CSIS and the RCMP

All we would have had him for here was possession of
explosives and false documents. It became a more serious matter when he entered the
US, and you guys would have more interest in him than we did.

Of course, he was leaving your country to bomb ours.

Perhaps, but Canada could not have done much to him here. A slap on the wrist and a short
jail term and he would have been out to come after you again. The best thing to happen
would have been for the US to nab him as he attempted to cross the border, do you not agree?

Maybe you should get a grip on suggestions that the USA is
indiscriminately killing innocent women and children. IF a terrorist
blows up a bus but says WE did, you are the type to publish it on Usenet
as fact.

He was probably referring to the "collateral damage" from bombing runs.

Actually he said we were killing children playing in the street.

The US would not knowingly bomb innocent women and children *anymore*. The case could be
(and probably will) be argued by others in this newsgroup that it has ever since Hiroshima
and Nagasaki. However, it makes no sense for the US to make themselves look like the bad
guy, or I should say worse than they already do, in the eyes of most of the rest of the
world. To do so would be political suicide for the Bush administration. To even suggest
that they are knowingly doing so is plain nuts.

Old April 28th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Xomicron

Dave Smith wrote in
:

America the beautiful wrote:

Gawd, I hope not. I don't want to help pay the bill or have my
fellow countrymen in peril to clean up a created by Bush.

I believed we cleaned it up all ready. Besides, you need a military for
peace keeping.

You believed that did you? That would explain why the American soldiers
are dying at an increasing rate over there. Our soldiers have been
peace keeping around the world for a long time,

You're also the first modern democracy to have its military go bankrupt.