Eating People

Old July 14th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Pat Anderson

Default Eating People

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:56:30 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

Have you got any ideas on making Mandazi? You must have eaten a few in
your time! Give us some ideas.

Pat,

I'm following the discussion with heightened interest, because I
love mandazis, but I'm not much of a cook, so it's a more
theoretical interest (Unless someone wants to send me his first
results :-).

Mandazis in Kenya are fairly sweet. (Good for me, since I'm a
sugar addict.) They also often contain a lot of air. Must be big
bubbles in the dough. They remind me remotely of something we
call Berlinerin Germany (also the actually too generic word
Pfannkuchen and also Krapfen in southern Germany), but those get
some pure sugar on top and some jam or marmelade inside, and the
dough is still somewhat different, but they're also fried in
oil.

Hans-Georg

Hans Georg,
I`ve written to my rafiki, Abdul (Chifu) from Malindi to see what he
says. I`ve checked my Lamu and Kenya Coast books and they do use white
flour. I guess it`s in the mixing of the dough, the rising and using
hot oil. I dare not try making them--- too fattening!
I`ve eaten some great kuchen in Germany when my sister in law was
still alive and we stayed in Mulheim, but not the fried ones.
Pat
--
Pat Anderson

Old July 16th, 2004, 03:24 PM
geotek

Tastes like chicken....

wrote in message
I heard Bokassa used to eat people. Sick, sick, sick. And you people
wanna visit there. EW