Somewhere to stay near the top of Kruger

Old February 6th, 2005, 07:41 PM

Default Somewhere to stay near the top of Kruger

Hi Folks
We are staying for a few nights in Kruger, but where we wanted to stay
near the top the first night is all booked up, so can anyone recommend
anywhere to stay for the night (late July) just outside either the
Pafuri or the Punda Maria gate? Can you just turn up on spec at that
time of year or is booking advisable? What do you reckon to Messina or
Thoyandou?
Also, suggestions for myself and nine-year old son while husband is on
a palagic trip for the day off Cape-town. Anyone?
Thanks for your help
Caroline

Old February 7th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Marc Lurie

What type of accomodation are you looking for Caroline?

There are plenty of small lodges and private B+B's in the area, and
you shouldn't have difficulties finding a place to stay in the area.
Messina (now called Musina) is certainly full of these.

Regards,
Marc

Old February 7th, 2005, 07:45 AM

Thanks Marc
B&Bs are fine (anywhere not too expensive.
I think we've decided Musina (sorry, had two spellings for several
places) is a bit too far. We want to spend as much of the following day
in Kruger as possible.
So you reckon you can just turn up on spec?
Cheers
Caroline

Old February 7th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Marc Lurie

Hi Caroline,

I'm afraid I can't help with Thoyandou, but there is an Avonura Lodge
at Tshipise, as well as lots of guesthouses, lodges, and B+B's in
Louis Trichardt. You should make a reservation at the Avontura, as
they can be pretty full at times.

School holidays are from 24 June to 19 July, and they will be full
over this period.

If I'm stopping at Louis Trichart I stay at the LTT lodge at about
R175 ($30) per night, self catering.

Regards,
Marc

Old February 13th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Corné

schreef in bericht
oups.com...
Hi Folks
We are staying for a few nights in Kruger, but where we wanted to stay
near the top the first night is all booked up, so can anyone recommend
anywhere to stay for the night (late July) just outside either the
Pafuri or the Punda Maria gate? Can you just turn up on spec at that
time of year or is booking advisable? What do you reckon to Messina or
Thoyandou?
Also, suggestions for myself and nine-year old son while husband is on
a palagic trip for the day off Cape-town. Anyone?
Thanks for your help
Caroline

Hi Caroline,

located 40 minutes south of Phalaborwa, in the Greater Kruger NP you'll fnd
Amukela lodge. Little bit far perhaps, but then again, we're located in
Big-5. And in July the winter starts, which means good chances for spotting
elephants at our dam.

Enjoy!
Corné.

www.amukela.com