Nairobi hotel near airport?

Old September 29th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Pat Anderson

Default Nairobi hotel near airport?

In message , Rita Daggett
writes

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in the $90-$150 range (2 persons) with a
nice ambience, good quality rooms, quiet at night, and is not so modern

that
its sterile? Specifically, just how are the Stanley, Intercon and

Hilton?
Are they any good?

Someone else mentioned Panafric and Norfolk - no idea of their prices since
we've always stayed as part of a package. Panafric I'd class as 'cheap and
cheerful' - its big, but the rooms are OK; they seem to cater a lot for
people arriving and departing at odd hours and we've always heard what
sounds like people moving furniture in the room above us when we've stayed
there.
The Norfolk has a huge history; its VERY nice, and has a place you can eat
and watch the world (at reasonable prices) but I think the room rates are
high.
--
Rita Daggett

Rita,
Our friend wants somewhere quiet.
You may be surprised when I tell you I lived in the Panafric for four
months! It has changed hands now but the trick is to ask for a room on
the sixth floor, so the clicking heels etc won`t be there. The airline
staff used to stay there and there was coming and going all night.
I would go along with Hans Georg and recommend the Fairview. Pricing is
reasonable and there are a variety of rooms.
The Norfolk, like the Serena, is expensive.
Pat
--
Pat Anderson
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:51 PM
riverman

"Pat Anderson" wrote in message
In message , Rita Daggett

The Norfolk has a huge history; its VERY nice, and has a place you can

eat
and watch the world (at reasonable prices) but I think the room rates are
high.
--
Rita Daggett

Rita,
Our friend wants somewhere quiet.
You may be surprised when I tell you I lived in the Panafric for four
months! It has changed hands now but the trick is to ask for a room on
the sixth floor, so the clicking heels etc won`t be there. The airline
staff used to stay there and there was coming and going all night.
I would go along with Hans Georg and recommend the Fairview. Pricing is
reasonable and there are a variety of rooms.
The Norfolk, like the Serena, is expensive.

Rita, Pat, et al:
Thanks for all your help. Turns out, the question is now out of my hands: I
finally convinced Kenya Air that they ought to put my group up for the
night, since a change in their schedule necessitated the layover. They
agreed, so now I suspect its the Intercon.

Thanks again.

--riverman