ATM,s in Tanzania

Old September 18th, 2003, 03:52 PM
chuck

Default ATM,s in Tanzania

Are there ATM's in Tanzania or Kenya?

Old September 19th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Er Principe

Are there ATM's in Tanzania or Kenya?

As far as I remember, you can find 2 VISA ATM's in Arusha, one in Moshi,
several (well, at least more than one) in Dar Es Salaam, and one in Stone
Town.

In Kenya I have been only in Nairobi, and there's no problem in finding an
ATM. I don't know in other cities.

Ciao

--
=======
Maurizio

Old September 19th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Michael Steiger

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:19:07 +0200, "Er Principe"
wrote:

Are there ATM's in Tanzania or Kenya?

As far as I remember, you can find 2 VISA ATM's in Arusha, one in Moshi,
several (well, at least more than one) in Dar Es Salaam, and one in Stone
Town.

If you mean Stone Town on Zanzibar I would be very interested to know
the location of this ATM.

Last year there was no ATM, just an office where you could get cash
for your creditcard (bad exchange rate + surcharge).

Michael
Old September 19th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Er Principe

Last year there was no ATM, just an office where you could get cash
for your creditcard (bad exchange rate + surcharge).

Strange,
I was there last year in august and I got money (about 300.000 TSh) from the
cash machine (with my VISA) at the end of the main street (is it Kenyatta
Avenue?). It was just after the "One Ocean Diving Center", really close to
the biggest zanzibari hotel (Serena Inn?).

Really, there was an ATM in Stone Town!

Old September 19th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Michael Steiger

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:23:03 +0200, "Er Principe"
wrote:

Last year there was no ATM, just an office where you could get cash
for your creditcard (bad exchange rate + surcharge).

Strange,
I was there last year in august and I got money (about 300.000 TSh) from the
cash machine (with my VISA) at the end of the main street (is it Kenyatta
Avenue?). It was just after the "One Ocean Diving Center", really close to
the biggest zanzibari hotel (Serena Inn?).

Really, there was an ATM in Stone Town!

Very interesting I was there last year in november and I know "One
Ocean Diving" as we went snorkeling with them and stayed at their
Matemwe Beach Resort. I have not seen any ATM there.
Although I probably won't need it I will have a look next time.

BTW, it is Kenyatta Road.

Michael