Fishkill in the US...

Old September 21st, 2003, 05:57 AM
Jon

Default Fishkill in the US...

(BraveNewWhirl) wrote in message . com...
(JonRhogan) wrote in message ...
Just booked time for the Labor Day weekend in Fishkill, anyone know of fun
things to do there? My wife and I are staying at the Homestead Fishkill
(
http://www.homesteadhotels.com/) got a great deal. We're leaving tomorrow
from NYC.

Jon

"Fishkill"??!! Why don't yopu spend your time in Upchuck? Equally attractive name.

Fishkill rocked, check out Huck Upchuck
(http://huckupchuck.blogspot.com/) btw. Where in the freakin' Chech
Repbulic is Upchuck?

P.S. Orlando in October, yeah? Come on.

Jon
Old September 21st, 2003, 06:14 AM
Alan Pollock

(JonRhogan) wrote in message ...
Just booked time for the Labor Day weekend in Fishkill, anyone know of fun
things to do there? My wife and I are staying at the Homestead Fishkill
(
http://www.homesteadhotels.com/) got a great deal. We're leaving tomorrow
from NYC.

Jon

"Fishkill"??!! Why don't yopu spend your time in Upchuck? Equally attractive name.

Fishkill rocked, check out Huck Upchuck
(http://huckupchuck.blogspot.com/) btw. Where in the freakin' Chech
Repbulic is Upchuck?

P.S. Orlando in October, yeah? Come on.

Jon

"Fishkill is derived from two Dutch words: Vis (fish) and Kill (creek or
stream)"

I find that interesting.

It's from
http://www.fishkill-ny.org/history.shtml

Nex

Old September 21st, 2003, 06:16 PM
Alan Pollock

Jon wrote:
Nice find, but what about Upchuck?

"Fishkill is derived from two Dutch words: Vis (fish) and Kill (creek or
stream)"

I find that interesting.

It's from
http://www.fishkill-ny.org/history.shtml

Nex

"Upchuck" is derived from Olibijowaya terms 'up' meaning "outward" (pronounced
oop) and 'chuck' (pronounced sleeksh) meaning "slippery substance".

It's apparently used for many types of activities and is therefore not
universally though of as disgusting by the Olibijowaya.

Hey, you asked. Nex
Old September 27th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Jon

I am adding this one in the Nex encyclopedia. So 'chuck' (pronounced
sleeksh) could be used for sit and spin type fun?

Jon