Suggestions for places (cities, towns) to visit for 9 day trip to Italy

Old November 12th, 2003, 08:46 PM
The Oz

Default Suggestions for places (cities, towns) to visit for 9 day trip to Italy

Anyone have any suggested places to visit for a trip that will last 9 days
(flight travel already taken out). We are staying in a town with a friend
outside of Rome (about a hour east). My wife loves museums and arts while I
like the outdoors (maganificent mountains, etc.) and great architectural
city planning (Venice and its waterways?).

Thank you,
Todd Osborne

Old November 13th, 2003, 06:34 PM

In article , Oz@evenflow (The Oz)
wrote:

Anyone have any suggested places to visit for a trip that will last 9
days
(flight travel already taken out). We are staying in a town with a
friend
outside of Rome (about a hour east). My wife loves museums and arts
while I
like the outdoors (maganificent mountains, etc.) and great architectural
city planning (Venice and its waterways?).

Apart from Rome itself, for history and architecture you might look into
Bagnaia and for the great outdoors, the nearby Lago di Vico.
Old November 14th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"The Oz" Oz@evenflow wrote in message
Anyone have any suggested places to visit for a trip that will last 9 days
(flight travel already taken out). We are staying in a town with a friend
outside of Rome (about a hour east). My wife loves museums and arts while

like the outdoors (maganificent mountains, etc.) and great architectural
city planning (Venice and its waterways?).

Thank you,
Todd Osborne

If you are looking for something different why don't you try Stromboli. You
can take an afternoon/evening walk up the volcano and witness the most
awesome fireworks display.
Gerrit