your worst airline experience? (with a poll)

Old March 18th, 2008, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.misc
Anonymouse[_3_]

Default your worst airline experience? (with a poll)

Hi,

I've been flying internationally now for 48 years... and service has
been getting worse... but this last trip to Jamaica was the pits.

The trip down on Northwest Airlines was uneventful, no food of any sort
included (not even a bag of peanuts) but softdrinks.

Arrival in the new and improved Sangster International was quick and
efficient. The Couples crew at the airport was great, the trip to the
resort quick (improved roads) and the stay at Couples Negril was wonderful.

The trip home took a sharp turn toward HELL at Northwest Airlines's
Minneapolis hub.

We were supposed to be met by a wheelchair rep.... nope... we got our
own wheelchair... then the NWA rep showed up.... my new wife got our
bags... through passport control, customs with a full bag search, and
this is when the NWA agent told us to put our duty free in our bags
rather than just check the shipping boxes they'd been safely traveling
in (apparently to much theft by NWA baggage handlers)....

the re-screening by the TSA is just a horrible joke since we've already
been checked from head to toe including a background check.

then we arrive in Memphis... also a Northwest Airlines hub.

no luggage

at all

they take a report at the lost luggage desk but don't bother to give me
a copy of the report or the case # but tell me (that is to say "contract
with me") to deliver my intact bags in the morning.

the next day morning comes and goes

finally.... 22 hours after landing a courier service delivers the
remnants of my luggage... 1 bag... is totally trashed. riveted on handle
ripped off, the contents smashed, stained, and littered with shards of
glass. All the contents, including our wedding clothes stained/ruined.

NWA/Northwest hasn't bothered to get an agent on site to inventory the
damages... if they don't want to come here, inventory the remnants (they
should bring a tarp so they can do it outside... with all the glass
shards it'd be dangerous inside) attempt to dry clean them (and get all
the shards of glass out of them), replace the items that couldn't be
cleaned, replace the items destroyed, etc.... then I'm figuring they
want to settle for the 3000$/passenger their contract of carriage calls
for for this domestic MSP/MEM flight.

Northwest Airlines doesn't really like to make good on it's "mistakes"
(aka gross negligence) they seldom return calls, don't check their
answering machines.

so I've set up a poll at http://hackamoretravel.blogspot.com/

what airline sold you your WORST travel experience?

so far NWA is winning (loosing) hands down... the worst ANY other
airline has done to me in 48 years of flying is delay 1 bag of 2 a day
going into Paris.

so again... visit the poll and let's see what airline is giving it's
customers their WORST experiences.

http://hackamoretravel.blogspot.com/

--

Hackamore