Spring Break 2005 on South Padre Island

Old October 13th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Nick Cameron

Default Spring Break 2005 on South Padre Island

For those that are interested, I have finally completed a "how-to"
guide for those of you who plan to spend your Spring Break vacation on
South Padre Island in 2005. The page covers everything from
suggestions on the best clubs, restaurants, events, to how to get to
Mexico and stay out of trouble.

The URL is: http://www.spireviews.com/articles/spring_break.html

I hope you find it useful. Thanks.
Old October 15th, 2004, 03:18 AM
LooseClu

Ahhh Nick your web page makes no mention of windsurfing at SPI.... FIX IT.!
And while you are at it you might want to tone down your rhetoric a bit (ie
South Padre is the "Jewel of Texas"). I live on North Padre (a part of
Corpus Christi) and would be perfectly happy to see all Spring Breakers go
down to your end but would argue that the entire island is a jewel not just
that Southern end ;-)
Roy

Old October 15th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Nick Cameron

"LooseClu" wrote in message om...
Ahhh Nick your web page makes no mention of windsurfing at SPI.... FIX IT.!
And while you are at it you might want to tone down your rhetoric a bit (ie
South Padre is the "Jewel of Texas"). I live on North Padre (a part of
Corpus Christi) and would be perfectly happy to see all Spring Breakers go
down to your end but would argue that the entire island is a jewel not just
that Southern end ;-)
Roy

You are correct! I will fix that. Thanks.

Windsurfing....you gotta help me with that since I know ZERO about it.
Old October 15th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Frank F. Matthews

LooseClu wrote:

Ahhh Nick your web page makes no mention of windsurfing at SPI.... FIX IT.!
And while you are at it you might want to tone down your rhetoric a bit (ie
South Padre is the "Jewel of Texas"). I live on North Padre (a part of
Corpus Christi) and would be perfectly happy to see all Spring Breakers go
down to your end but would argue that the entire island is a jewel not just
that Southern end ;-)
Roy

Actually since most of the interesting part of the island is in the
north it would be easier to justify that NPI was the "Jewel of Texas".
Of course you would have to forget the most northern 20 miles or so.

Old October 16th, 2004, 01:52 AM
LooseClu

Actually since most of the interesting part of the island is in the
north it would be easier to justify that NPI was the "Jewel of Texas". Of
course you would have to forget the most northern 20 miles or so.

Not for long! They are now working on the new 1400' jetties for Packery
Channel. When done there will be good wave sailing on N. Padre just over
the causeway from the mainland near the old JP Luby surf pier (just a few
blocks down the beach from my house).
Roy

Old October 16th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Jay Halford

I am assuming this is a winter time thing (surf sailing N Padre). It would
be dead onshore for the Spring season wouldn't it?

Jay

Old October 16th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Oh Goody! Now we can look forward to wiping out the sand supply and
thus the southern part of the island.