Using mobiles in an aeroplane... NOT dangerous after all! (apparently)

Old October 22nd, 2004, 09:34 PM
AC

The chance of getting people to pack their phones is similarly matched by
the requirement to do so, not at all.

There's a lot of doubtful logic being used to apply dubious causal factors
to eliminate a debate that science hasn't yet worked on properly around
here...

"anon" wrote in message
m...
Geoff Lowry wrote:
I don't agree with these comments. My mobile phone has trashed a laptop
when an incoming call came in and the phone was lying next to the

laptop.
An incredibly loud scream emitted from the speakers, then everything

blacked
out. Repair shop said the mother board needed replacement.

You cannot convince me that mobile phones are safe to use inside planes.
Imagine trashing the flight control computer!

My phone is staying off inside the plane!

What about all of the phones that are left on? If they were really
dangerous, why would they be permitted on the plane at all?
There is no real control over whether phone are turned off or not.
Unless the FA sees you talking on it or hears it ring, they would not
know whether it was on or off.

---

Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:18 PM
Clueless2

wrote in message
Being called on my mobile is rarely convenient to me, so I wonder why
you think the opposite.

So why do you bother giving out your mobile number if this is really so?

Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:18 PM
Clueless2

Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:19 PM
Clueless2

wrote in message
I am registered with TPS on all phones so I
don't get marketing calls,

That's luck, not TPS. I get calls on TPS-registed numbers every week.

Then I must be very lucky since having purchased my first mobile phone
(Orange Motorola brick with a flip) in 1994 I have never received a
marketing call or a wrong number!

Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:03 AM
Andy

"nobody" wrote in message
Miguel Cruz wrote:
How much extra do you suppose it costs the villains to buy the kind of
timer
where if you cut the wrong wire, it doesn't explode right away but
instead
starts counting down five times as fast?

Yep. And one wonders why bomb makers NEVER use wiring that is all the same
colour.

expert far away via phone: "Cut THE red wire".
person trying to save the world: "All the wires are red".

"Cut them all"

--
Andy.