Novotel or Mecure in Brisbane?

Old November 5th, 2005, 04:40 AM
sdf

Default Novotel or Mecure in Brisbane?

Which is the best, location wise and amenities wise? Going for work then
kids joining for a couple of days.

Old November 6th, 2005, 04:04 AM
David Bennetts

"sdf" wrote in message
Which is the best, location wise and amenities wise? Going for work then
kids joining for a couple of days.

They look fairly similar, both are downtown and get good write-ups on
www.tripadvisor.com
For full details, they're both members of the French Accor group, see
www.accorhotels.com.au

Regards

David Bennetts

Old November 6th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Scotty

"sdf" wrote in message
Which is the best, location wise and amenities wise? Going for work then
kids joining for a couple of days.

I'd definitely go the Novotel. Not only is it closer to most amenities its
a better stay. More modern accomodation and the staff at the Novotel are far
nicer.

Old November 6th, 2005, 09:58 AM
sdf

"Scotty" wrote in message

"sdf" wrote in message
Which is the best, location wise and amenities wise? Going for work then
kids joining for a couple of days.

I'd definitely go the Novotel. Not only is it closer to most amenities
its a better stay. More modern accomodation and the staff at the Novotel
are far nicer.

Thanks- good recommendation. I'll go for the Novotel. Also taking the family
up to Noosa after the work finishes- looking for a good family place near
the beach- any recomendations? I had a look on TripAdviser (Davids post
above) and there are loads.

Old November 7th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Scotty

"sdf" wrote in message

"Scotty" wrote in message

"sdf" wrote in message
Which is the best, location wise and amenities wise? Going for work then
kids joining for a couple of days.

I'd definitely go the Novotel. Not only is it closer to most amenities
its a better stay. More modern accomodation and the staff at the Novotel
are far nicer.

Thanks- good recommendation. I'll go for the Novotel. Also taking the
family up to Noosa after the work finishes- looking for a good family
place near the beach- any recomendations? I had a look on TripAdviser
(Davids post above) and there are loads.

Is there a reason for Noosa? The reason I ask is that Mooloolaba is a short
drive south and micer to stay I think, well better for families. We prefer
to stay there than Noosa and its around $200-$400 a week cheaper. For that
you can hire a car or splurge on meals.

Happy camping

Old November 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM
sdf

"Scotty" wrote in message
u...

"sdf" wrote in message

"Scotty" wrote in message

"sdf" wrote in message
Which is the best, location wise and amenities wise? Going for work
then kids joining for a couple of days.

I'd definitely go the Novotel. Not only is it closer to most amenities
its a better stay. More modern accomodation and the staff at the Novotel
are far nicer.

Thanks- good recommendation. I'll go for the Novotel. Also taking the
family up to Noosa after the work finishes- looking for a good family
place near the beach- any recomendations? I had a look on TripAdviser
(Davids post above) and there are loads.

Is there a reason for Noosa? The reason I ask is that Mooloolaba is a
short drive south and micer to stay I think, well better for families. We
prefer to stay there than Noosa and its around $200-$400 a week cheaper.
For that you can hire a car or splurge on meals.

Happy camping

Thanks for the tip- interesting- someone else said that Mooloolaba is good-
only reason for Noosa is that I've never been there and have heard it's
pretty nice. Staying the second week at Novotel Twin Waters. Why do you
prefer Mooloolaba?

Money, while not unlimited, is not too much of an issue- just want a nice
place. Not sure if I can talk wife and two teenage girls out of Noosa-
they've been told about the shopping!

Old November 8th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Scotty

"sdf" wrote in message

Is there a reason for Noosa? The reason I ask is that Mooloolaba is a
short drive south and micer to stay I think, well better for families. We
prefer to stay there than Noosa and its around $200-$400 a week cheaper.
For that you can hire a car or splurge on meals.

Happy camping

Thanks for the tip- interesting- someone else said that Mooloolaba is
good- only reason for Noosa is that I've never been there and have heard
it's pretty nice. Staying the second week at Novotel Twin Waters. Why do
you prefer Mooloolaba?

Money, while not unlimited, is not too much of an issue- just want a nice
place. Not sure if I can talk wife and two teenage girls out of Noosa-
they've been told about the shopping!

Stay Moololaba and hire a car for two or so days. You wont regret it.
Noosa's a 20min or so drive away.

Old November 8th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Jeff

"Scotty" wrote in message
u...

"sdf" wrote in message

Is there a reason for Noosa? The reason I ask is that Mooloolaba is a
short drive south and micer to stay I think, well better for families.
We prefer to stay there than Noosa and its around $200-$400 a week
cheaper. For that you can hire a car or splurge on meals.

Happy camping

Thanks for the tip- interesting- someone else said that Mooloolaba is
good- only reason for Noosa is that I've never been there and have heard
it's pretty nice. Staying the second week at Novotel Twin Waters. Why do
you prefer Mooloolaba?

Money, while not unlimited, is not too much of an issue- just want a nice
place. Not sure if I can talk wife and two teenage girls out of Noosa-
they've been told about the shopping!

Stay Moololaba and hire a car for two or so days. You wont regret it.
Noosa's a 20min or so drive away.

Go to Noosa, forget the shopping and enjoy the natural beauty of the
surrounding area.

Cheers
Jeff
http://community.webshots.com/user/surfoz

Old November 8th, 2005, 08:20 PM
sdf

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Scotty" wrote in message
u...

"sdf" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, I'LL forget the shopping! Not sure about the rest. Thanks for all the
tips everyone.