Up to your ash in problems....

Old April 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Covering the cruise lines Ash

"Gadget World" wrote in message
Yes, this is a very interesting record year for natural events like
floods, hurricanes, record cold and snowfall, earthquakes, volcano
eruptions, and other disasters of nature.

The last time this Icelandic volcano erupted it lasted five years!
Too bad George Bush is still not President, as
he would be blame for these natural disasters as he was blamed for
everything else!

Gadget

How true!!!! ;-)

--Jean

Old April 18th, 2010, 07:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Gadget
World wrote:

Too bad George Bush is still not President, as
he would be blame for these natural disasters as he was blamed for
everything else!

That was a fine job he did after Katrina.....not.

--
Charles
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Charles wrote:

In article , Gadget
World wrote:

Too bad George Bush is still not President, as
he would be blame for these natural disasters as he was blamed for
everything else!

That was a fine job he did after Katrina.....not.

The early problems with Katrina were largely because they followed
their disaster plans to the letter but four generations of Emergency
Planners never got around to "what if". The Superdome had never been
anything more than very short term shelter until it blew over and then
the people in there were to be parceled out to other shelters for longer
term care. Nobody had ever gotten around to think about what would
happen if the other shelters weren't available.
Then, none of the three participants (local state or federal) was
up for the job and squabbled among themselves until the military finally
got invited and started cracking heads.
Afterwards, the reconstruction got tied up in the corruption that
is, and pretty much always has been, New Orleans government.
Anyway, post Katrina was largely a state and local clusterf***
with an ample assist from the Feds.

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Charles wrote:

In article , Gadget
World wrote:

Too bad George Bush is still not President, as
he would be blame for these natural disasters as he was blamed for
everything else!

That was a fine job he did after Katrina.....not.

In addition, the federal response has always been one of assistance to
the localities. FEMA is not tasked, nor is it set-up, to come in and
take over operations. And Katrina showed why, largely.

Old April 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BobEdwards

On Apr 18, 11:29*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

*Charles wrote:
In article , Gadget
World wrote:

[...]

Gadget said " Too bad George Bush is still not President, as
he would be blame for these natural disasters as he was blamed for
everything else! "

Now the Tea Partyers can blame Obama. They're blaming him for
everything else including the mess that he inherited from Bush!
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Gadget
World wrote:

Too bad George Bush is still not President, as
he would be blame for these natural disasters as he was blamed for
everything else!

That was a fine job he did after Katrina.....not.

--
Charles

Many people were responsible for the Katrina problems...the New Orleans
mayor, the Louisiana governor, both Democrats, were just as
irresponsible...President Bush kept us safe after 9-11 and was accused
unjustly for many things. If people carried stuffed characters hung in
effigy of Obama as the people did of George Bush ..they would be called
racists, Ku Klux Klan members and all sorts of names...but it was okay to do
it to Bush...maybe some of you don't remember those hateful scenes but I
sure do! You cannot base an entire presidency on Katrina. I think we have
covered the Katrina catastrophe adequately here on rtc when it
occurred...Let it go...What is happening now with our Constitution being
completely disregarded with comment by a congressman saying, "Rules? What
rules? We make them up as we go along!" Now that is what worries me!

--Jean

Old April 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

Many people were responsible for the Katrina problems...the New Orleans
mayor, the Louisiana governor, both Democrats, were just as
irresponsible...

I don't disagree with the above but Bush was the President....

You cannot base an entire presidency on Katrina. I think we have
covered the Katrina catastrophe adequately here on rtc when it
occurred...Let it go...

I certainly have not judged his entire presidency on Katrina.

--
Charles
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Borked Psuedo Mailed

BobEdwards wrote:
On Apr 18, 11:29 am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

Charles wrote:
In article , Gadget
World wrote:
[...]

How's that hope'y change'y thing working out for the millions of
unemployed folks? What happened to unemployment not going over 8%? What
happened to total transparency? To bills being posted on the Internet
before being voted on? To no ex-lobbyists being allowed to work for the
White House? To no tax increases if you earn under $250,000?

And by the way, where do I go to sign up for that free health care Obama
was talking about?
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Charles wrote:

In article , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

Many people were responsible for the Katrina problems...the New Orleans
mayor, the Louisiana governor, both Democrats, were just as
irresponsible...

I don't disagree with the above but Bush was the President....

Which is beside the point. FEMA has always been tasked with assisting.
They are not set-up, trained, or otherwise tasked with running the
entire show.

Old April 18th, 2010, 08:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:45:54 -0500, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

Many people were responsible for the Katrina problems...the New Orleans
mayor, the Louisiana governor, both Democrats, were just as
irresponsible...President Bush kept us safe after 9-11

Nope. He did nothing that any president wouldn't have done.

and was accused
unjustly for many things. If people carried stuffed characters hung in
effigy of Obama as the people did of George Bush

Which they do, so what's your point?

..they would be called racists,

Which some of them are (and some of them are not).

Ku Klux Klan members and all sorts of names...but it was okay to do
it to Bush...maybe some of you don't remember those hateful scenes but I
sure do! You cannot base an entire presidency on Katrina. I think we have
covered the Katrina catastrophe adequately here on rtc when it
occurred...Let it go...What is happening now with our Constitution being
completely disregarded with comment by a congressman saying, "Rules? What
rules? We make them up as we go along!" Now that is what worries me!

I'm less worried by that than by an executive branch that thinks it's
above the law, and should make all decisions - which is not a trait
unique to Bush II. The current administration is taking too much power
in different ways from the previous one, but both are dangerous.

As Gibbon said, "The principles of a free constitution are irrecoverably
lost, when the legislative power is nominated by the executive."